10 months ago
The Doyle Collection
At The Doyle Collection we are leaders in developing and setting standards of excellence in the luxury sector of the hotel industry, one of the world's most dynamic and successful industries. A select group of urban havens in five major cities throughout Ireland, the UK and the USA, The Doyle Collection employs over one thousand of the most skilled, professional and dedicated people that the industry has to offer. Our hotels inhabit the most fashionable quarters of the most sought-after cities, and each one is a unique reflection of its setting. We understand that every Guest is unique and our team strives to create individual moments of warmth and acknowledgement for our business and leisure travellers. Each member of The Doyle Collection team is an ambassador of our brand values: Generosity, Personal and Belonging.
The Bloomsbury Hotel
now has an exciting opportunity for a
Meetings and Events Coordinator
to join our team.
To ensure the efficient and smooth running of the Meeting & Events Administration Department by dealing with all client enquiries and event planning in a professional manner providing efficient and timely follow-up. Our Meetings and Events Coordinator reports to the Meeting & Events Sales Manager and is responsible for the conversion of enquires to booking stage and ensuring all clients needs are exceeded in addition to maximising the revenue our conference facilities can generate.
* Ensure all client enquiries and show-arounds are handled professionally, providing potential clients with comprehensive quotations and information regarding hotel facilitates and services.
* To give each client a bespoke and memorable service within their budget level.
* Ensure client enquiries are converted to business on the books and ensure through planning that all events are a success.
* Obtain feedback from all clients during and post event and strive to secure repeat business.
* Ensure all quotes sent out are recorded and bookings are confirmed in accordance with company policy and in an efficient and courteous manner.
* Ensure accurate and complete entries in Opera Sales & Catering system in accordancewith established procedures.
* To be aware of current business targets and ensure best possible average spend in order to achieve these targets and contribute to gross operating profit.
* Ensure contract and billing accuracy in addition to timely and consistent follow-up withall clients.
* Proactively make sales calls to introduce new business clients to the Hotel and develop the yield management element of the meeting and events department.
* Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner ensuring guest satisfaction at all times.
Liase with operational departments to ensure the smooth running of each and every meeting and event in the Hotel.
* To ensure good business acumen by securing reservations and converting enquiries.
* To have a good financial understanding including food and beverage costs and overall profitability in order to meet your meeting and events sales targets.
The ideal candidate for this position:
* Must be able to work unsupervised in a small team environment within a large hotel
* Must be highly organised and have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
* Will be flexible with working hours to ensure completion of their work
* Should have excellent communication skills and an advanced command of the English Language
* Should have excellent grooming to act as a Company Ambassador in this client sales role
* Must have a working knowledge of computer programmes such as Opera Sales & Catering system
* A hospitality background including food and beverage knowledge is desirable
* Competitive salary
* Meals on Duty
* Provision and laundry of uniform
* Pension Scheme
* Employee Discounts
* Educational Support
* Employee Recognition Awards
We do not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies at this point in time.
The Doyle Collection is an equal opportunities employer.
8 months ago
only 12 days until close
3 months ago
only 16 days until close
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close