4 months ago
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced marketer to join our team as Media Effectiveness Manager on a permanent full time basis.
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. There are more than 350,000 people working across nearly 100 countries and territories, encompassing managed, owned and franchised hotels. IHG is listed on the London Stock Exchange and it is a FTSE 100 company. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire.
At InterContinental Hotels Group, we put our people first and focus on creating great hotels that guests love, through delivering on our brand promise of True hospitality. Our marketing team are at the forefront of this drive, ensuring that our associated business and potential customers know who we are and what we can offer.
Your day to day
Working as part of a team of senior analysts you will provide analytical support related to brand and product management, direct marketing and mass marketing campaigns, and analysis of consumer behaviour and response in support of Categories and Brands.
You will develop insightful quantitative measurements for frequency programs whilst initiating projects to address strategic and tactical marketing issues for Relationship Marketing, Brand Marketing, Distribution Marketing and/or other business departments. Creating recommendations on various projects and initiatives through the modelling of customer, company, and industry data sets whilst explaining technical findings to business stakeholders in practical non-technical language.
* Provide reporting and analytical support for marketing/media teams spanning across Programmatic Display, SEM, Metasearch, Paid Social, Affiliate Marketing, and more
* Serve as primary analytical contact for regional business units in the UK, Singapore, UAE, Australia, and China
* Support owned marketing channels including E-mail, SMS, and In-app marketing
* Consult with other relevant business functional areas (Commercial & Technology, Reservations, Franchise Services, Field Marketing, and Ecommerce) to establish analytical support objectives.
* Coordinate with Market Research and Database Analytics teams to establish proactive analytic programs and projects to derive consumer insights and formulate business recommendations.
* Design complex performance tracking methods for relevant programs and initiatives.
* Create statistical models of customer behaviour and business processes to support business decisions.
* Use campaign management, data mining software, forecasting models and statistical/computational models to achieve analytical objectives such as maximizing response and the guest experience while minimizing cost.
* Analyse results of various testing initiatives in frequency and non-frequency applications.
* Identify opportunities for revenue growth and performance optimization by working with various stakeholders
* Develop presentations to management inside or outside the department to report findings, interpret the data analysis, and make recommendations based on results. Also, assist managers on the development of content for formal Analytical Skills training courses.
* Make recommendations for enhancements to relevant databases from an information needs perspective including internal and external data sources.
* May lead and review the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities.
* Create insightful visualisations in Excel and/or Tableau enabling channel owners to optimize their channel ROI, and answer critical business questions
What we need from you
* Advanced ETL skills a plus
* Experience with any of the following tools a plus: Tableau, Alteryx, Power Query, SSIS, Power Pivot
* Knowledge and demonstrated use of statistical software (preferably SAS) and application of multivariate methods (e.g. regression, factor analysis, discriminant analysis, cluster analysis, conjoint analysis).
* Experience in conducting quantitative marketing analyses including some or all of the following: market segmentation, product positioning, perceptual mapping, product pricing, concept testing and market sizing.
* Demonstrated knowledge of statistical techniques for promotion design, post promotion analysis and response modelling (e.g. design of experiments, ANOVA, and logit regression).
* Demonstrated familiarity with financial concepts: ROI, NPV, pro forma modelling.
* Demonstrated proficiency in developing queries to transform data from relational and flat-file database structures
* Demonstrated programming experience with statistical and database software (SAS and SQL preferred).
Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation
What we offer
At IHG, we promise to recognise you for great work and give you the tools needed to build a successful career with us. You’ll receive a competitive salary, hotel discounts worldwide and have chance to work with a great set of people.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A40/M40.
Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 30 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
We also have free parking on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
But above all, we understand the importance to give you Room to be Yourself!
So, what are you waiting for? !