6 days ago
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
As Maintenance Supervisor, you will effectively manage the general maintenance of the hotel building and ensure its services are operating to an optimum level. Working closely with the Hotel management team and the Housekeeping team, you'll be committed to maintaining a fully functioning and efficient hotel environment, with the emphasis on forward planning, routine maintenance programmes and prompt repairs. You will be required to ensure that you keep required paperwork up to date at all times.
Essential Planned Tasks:
* Oversee all work carried out by external contractors (air conditioning, heating/boiler, fire/sprinkler system, electrical testing)
* Daily/weekly/monthly Safety & Security checks
* Team Member Fire Training (site specific in addition to company online fire training)
* Carry out simple electrical tasks such as changing light bulbs, cleaning light fittings and changing fuses.
* If electrically competent (those holding a current Level 2 NVQ Sector Specific qualification or equivalent) carry out basic electrical repairs such as rewiring hair dryers, securing loose light fittings or replacing damaged plug sockets or light switches
* Painting and Decorating
* General minor building work, mastic applications and tiling repairs
* Minor carpentry, furniture, door closures, hinges, kick plate repairs
* Minor plumbing repairs; address any internal/external issues such as blocked drains, toilets, minor spillages and waste pipe leaks
* Small reactive and basic emergency repairs; damaged walls etc. to bring off rooms back online and fixing any safety hazards, e.g. fraying carpet, loose paving stones etc
* Reporting of breakdowns/faults as set procedure
* Materials/Parts, Stock control and ordering parts
* Maintaining maintenance records
* Communicate on the status of all property related works on site
* Attend monthly meetings with the hotel management team
* Sending and recording of meter readings
* Where applicable, manage any external contractors, ensuring all works are processed and completed to accepted company standards
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an individual who has:
* Previous maintenance experience, preferably in a hotel
* A working knowledge of electrics and plumbing would be an advantage but not essential
Where Will You Be Working?
Ibis Budget Terminal 5, located in the Heathrow area, is set to open after refurbishment and rebranding in January 2021. Initially reopening with 75 rooms, and gradually increasing to 297 bedrooms, this hotel provides an exciting opportunity for a maintenance person to not only do the usual daily and proactive maintenance tasks, but be part of a refurbishment and rebranding plan for the next 12 months.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There's open, clear communication from the top
* We've got great career development opportunities
* There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Everyday discounts from high street retailers
* Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
* Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!