10 months ago
The job in a nutshell
As Maintenance Planning Team Leader you'll manage the team that supports the planning for the field-based regional maintenance operatives in line with business priorities. This will involve working closely with various departments to ensure the best possible support for insourced maintenance in line with key business drivers. The core hours for the role are 07.30-16.30 with 1 Saturday worked in 5 (with a day off in lieu).
What you'll be doing:
* Ensure delivery of objectives of the planning team.
* Daily line management of a team of 4 planners.
* Coach and develop the team of planners to become a high performing team.
* Responsibility for managing the operational performance of the planning team, flagging any issues to the Strategic Planning Manager.
* Responsible for completing rotas for the planning team at least 3 months in advance.
* Ensure consistency of activities across all maintenance areas and work with the Strategic Planning Manager, MIB Data Administrator and Maintenance Managers/Supervisors to ensure any variation is addressed.
* To provide key support to field based colleagues and be fully committed to reducing the number of Offline rooms within hotels.
* Work closely with Team Leaders in HBST and Revenue to ensure the most effective prioritisation of works to protect revenue and reduce out-booking.
* Proactively manage WIP and SLAs to improve the product for the benefit of the customer.
* To foster good relationships inter-departmental relationships with Operations, Facilities, HBST and Revenue teams.
* Ad-hoc reporting and administration where required.
* Co-ordination of departmental expense claims and Barclaycard Statements.
* Support Saturday and Bank Holiday working as part of the Planning team rota.
* Act as a deputy for the Strategic Planner Manager when required (holiday cover etc.)
* Fleet administration
* Spend Reporting
* Engineer supplier card management (for purchasing parts)
What we'll expect from you:
* Experience of managing a team
* Excellent communication skills, both internally and with suppliers and 3rd parties.
* Real passion to provide a high level of performance to deliver well maintained hotels for the ultimate benefit of the customer.
* Strong ability to multi-task and react quickly to business changes.
* The candidate will need to be enthusiastic and motivated to deliver the needs of the business.
* Good analytical skills to be able to assess high volumes of job information, prioritise it and allocate to Maintenance Engineers to enable jobs to be undertaken efficiently.
* Drive and determination to continuously improve their team and personally.
* High level of customer insight and brand passion.
* Confident IT / systems capability.
* Confident in MS Excel.
* High level of personal impact and confidence.