29 days ago
Role title: Maintenance Manager - Full Time - Cavendish Hotel
Job Opening: 2020-08-27
Maintenance Manager – Cavendish Hotel
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at The Cavendish Hotel in Eastbourne! The Cavendish is ideally located right on the Eastbourne seafront, close to the town's shopping centre, Eastbourne railway station and all the main beaches in the area.
The Cavendish boasts 147 modern bedrooms, 5 conference rooms catering for up to 220 delegates and a restaurant that overlooks the beach. Due to continued expansion we are looking to recruit a Full Time Maintenance Manager on to the team.
As Maintenance Manager, you will be required to;
* Supervise the daily operation of the maintenance team.
* Liaise with the hotel’s operational departments to ensure all guest needs and operational functions are prioritised.
* Ensure necessary inspections of lifts, boilers etc are carried out and records maintained.
* Ensures regular testing and management of the hotel’s safety systems.
* Respond effectively to emergencies.
* Conduct the recruitment, training and management of maintenance personnel and assists in the training of all staff in respect of statutory training.
The successful candidate must have trade qualification and experience in plumbing, electrical or general building maintenance. Previous management experience within a maintenance function in a medium to large hotel or similar is desirable. You will have effective interpersonal, organisational and people management skills.
This position offers the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
* Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
* Discounted stays for you & your family at any of our 60 hotels & 6 parks
* Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
* Uniform (Subject to position)
* Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.