11 months ago
Amba Hotels are designed to help guests get more from their stay, event or special occasion, in truly amazing city centre locations across the world. Our people are carefully handpicked for their desire to deliver incredible, personalised experiences, enabled by the best and fastest technology available. It-s really important to us that our people - our Ambassadors - share in these values and are always looking for new and exciting ways to do and give more. As an Ambassador your role will involve much more than performing day-to-day tasks, it's about taking everything on with vigour and drive, showing that you're capable of stepping up when there's an opportunity to do so.
As Maintenance Manager at the Amba Hotel Charing Cross, you will have the opportunity to come to work in a stunning Grade II listed building that has been renovated to provide world-class luxury and every modern advantage. Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all areas of this beautiful hotel (including equipment, services, building and plant), you will use your leadership skills to inspire your team and provide a seamless guest experience every time.
You will also ensure that the hotel achieves its safety and cost control targets so you will need to be confident in creating and implementing a PPM programme as this will be a critical aspect of the role. Finally you will need the ability to deliver results to deadlines through your people, with full responsibility for recruiting, managing, engaging and developing your team.
What we look for
* Previous leadership experience in a similar role
* Experience of controlling costs within a budget
* A passion for great service and a drive for guest satisfaction
* An open personality who is relaxed and natural in their interactions
* Accurate with good attention to detail
* Able to create a positive first impression and be an ambassador for the Amba brand and glh
* Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness within the context of their role
* Comfortable facing the public
* Empathetic and able to build relationships
* A real drive to climb the career ladder in the hospitality industry
* Excellent communication skills
What's in it for you?
* 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
* Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
* Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
* Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
* Long Service Awards
* Pension and Healthcare Schemes
* Generous recommend a friend scheme
* Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
* Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
* Childcare vouchers
* Staff refreshments on shift