2 months ago
Do you want to join a Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality? Do you want to work in an industry that offers SO many different career paths? Do you want to express yourself? Do you want flexibility? Do you want to feel safe at work? Do you want to be part of a company that takes sustainability and the environment seriously? Do you want to work for a company that truly values diversity and inclusion? You answered YES to all of these questions, right? So get applying for this opportunity!!!
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
We are currently looking for a motivated, professional individual with personality and passion to join our winning team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time Maintenance Lead to join an amazing team, reporting to the General Manager.
As Maintenance Lead you will be wholly responsible for the hotel is maintained to an excellent standard to exceed our guest’s expectations. You will drive and improve standards whilst managing relationships between departments. We are looking for candidates with strong all-around skills in and knowledge of quality maintenance works. You must be able to drive revenues and manage budgets effectively. The successfully recruited Maintenance Lead will have had previous experience within the same capacity role.
As Maintenance Lead you must be self-motivated and be an inspirational leader, who believes in delivering the best possible standards in guest service, continually leading your team by example. The role requires excellent interpersonal skills to handle guest complaints and providing departmental performance.
What Are We Looking For?
The Maintenance Lead contributes to RBH's goals and values by supporting the General Manager with managing maintenance department.
* To take accountability for the total maintenance operation of the hotel, both internal and external, ensuring all maintenance is carried out quickly and effectively.
* General maintenance and repairs, PPM's, decoration, daily, weekly, monthly, annual checks
* To liaise with external Service Engineers with regard to breakdowns and schedule services as necessary, and pick up as much background information on the problems in order to further develop personal skills.
* To have a full understanding of all hotel systems and be able to act accordingly to any problems.
* To liaise fully with all departments with regards to maintenance, especially Housekeeping and food production areas.
* To maintain all maintenance stocks on a regular basis, ordering appropriate stocks when necessary, using the correct ordering system ie. Raise a Purchase Order prior to order being made.
* To ensure all work carried out within the department is carried out safely without risk to health, in line with statutory/company policies.
* To ensure all maintenance equipment is checked on a regular basis.
* To ensure any work by outside contractors is carried out to the specifications and standard required
Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
Where Will You Be Working?
Located Just outside Dunstable, off the M1, the hotel has been purpose built for comfort and value and offers a warm and welcoming service to all guests. With 120 stylish en suite bedrooms and four modern purpose built meeting rooms, the hotel is the perfect choice for leisure and business travellers. All public areas and conference rooms within the hotel are fully air-conditioned and have free WiFi access.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There's open, clear communication from the top
* We've got great career development opportunities
* There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes – to keep you motivated
* Money off high street retailers – hundreds of savings to be had
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Free meals on duty?(this could easily equate to over £1000 per year saving to you *based on full time hours)
* Pension – as it’s important to save for a later date
* Flexible pay with Wagestream – a financial wellbeing benefit that allows you to access your pay as you earn it
* Training programmes – we want you to be the best you can be
* Tips – a bit extra is always handy
* Cycle to Work Scheme – huge savings on buying a new bike
* Refer a Friend Scheme – just by putting a good word in for a mate will earn you extra cash
The Bigger Picture
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!