7 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Nobu Hotel Shoreditch as a Maintenance Engineer. Located in Shoreditch, we offer a blend of Shoreditch’s creative energy with Nobu’s ethos of simple luxury.
Located on Willow Street in Shoreditch, the hotel features 150 rooms including 7 suites, a 240 seat restaurant, lobby lounge, outdoor courtyard and a spa. We are a very established brand who can offer growth and development, alongside the opportunity to travel.
* To implement all Hotel policies, standards and procedures for:
* Water Treatment Test, Energy Conservation and Control; Fire Prevention and other Safety Programmes; Effective Preventative and Routine Maintenance;Inspection
* To maintain and repair all mechanical services pumps, valves, boilers, calorifiers, AHU and auxiliary plant
* To maintain and repair heating, ventilation and air-conditioning equipment as directed by the, Director of engineering
* To attend fire alarm call immediately and to act as part of a fire fighting team leader (in the absence of the Director of engineering in conjunction with the Duty Manager
* To be responsible for using the appropriate safety clothing equipment and for following all Engineering instructions laid down by the Director of Engineering
* To record accurately all necessary plant information in the appropriate logs and bring any defects to the attention of the Director of engineering or Senior shift engineer
* To take responsibility for any hazards whilst on duty.
* To maintain accurate records of the shift activities in the respective log books.
* To carry out basic plumbing and electrics, general painting, tiling and all reasonable duties as directed by the Director of engineering
* Document handover at shift change i.e. keys, Duty deck phone, and all incomplete work orders or work in progress. To update Housekeeping and Front services with the status of all work orders
* Respond to registered works and complete all jobs assigned within the targeted timescale
* Bend and lift loads weighing up to 10kg. Push and pull trolleys weighing up to 10 kg
* Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation
* Some exposure to gas, fumes and chemicals
* Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises
* Stand and walk for extended periods of time up to 4 hours without a break, maximum 10 hours per day.
* You are required to be aware of the safe use of ladders to carry out your daily tasks
* You are required to lift objects of reasonable weight or with assistance from another member of your department.
* To work in a safe manner regarding the use of hand tools and be competent in their use
What Can we Offer You:
* Tasty meals on duty
* 25% discount on F+B
* £250 refer a friend scheme
* Overnight Guest Experience at Nobu Hotel Shoreditch inc dinner and breakfast
* 28 Days Annual leave, increasing by 1 day per year of service (up to 33 days)
* Employee social events
* Family and friends rate for overnight stay
* Rewards and recognition schemes
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
Nobu Hotel Shoreditch is an equal opportunities employer.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.