about 1 month ago
De Vere Wokefield Estate
Wokefield Estate has recently undergone an extensive and careful refurbishment to become one of the flagship hotels at De Vere. It’s just one of the reasons why we’re excited about the careers we can offer here. So whether you’re interested in joining our teams in golf, conferences and events, banqueting, housekeeping, kitchen, our fabulous 1560 restaurant or even at the onsite BMW Training Academy, you’ll have the opportunity to work and develop in a hotel estate that’s truly inspiring.
There’s great career development on offer for all our colleagues and we offer great perks at Wokefield Estate such as shuttle buses between Reading, free parking for drivers, discounted gym and golf membership (including free access to the golf driving range!) and free meals whilst on duty in our staff canteen. So as well as offering great career opportunities, we always strive to make Wokefield Estate a truly engaging and rewarding place to work.
What is the main purpose of the role?
Completing all maintenance related work within the hotel in a timely fashion; you’ll be responsible for making sure the property is consistently maintained to group standards and any issues are addressed in a timely manner.
The role will cover both reactive and planned preventative work and involve working closely with all hotel departments to ensure minimum disruption to guests. You’ll support property audits, record benchmarking data such as meter readings and work with the maintenance manager to monitor relevant stock levels.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and experience of plumbing, electrics and decorating are highly important to this role, alongside being enthusiastic, motivated and able to work well under pressure. We are looking for someone who prides themselves on a high standard of work and has the ability to prioritise their workload efficiently.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.