7 months ago
Salary £16,286 per annum
Crowne Plaza Glasgow, Congress Road, Glasgow , G3 8QT
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe..
The Maintenance Assistant role involves a range of duties, including: supporting the Maintenance Manager ensuring maintenance and repairs are completed to a high standard, and the continuity of service of all facilities. This may include short term maintenance work - emergency repairs affecting guest bedrooms as well as in conference rooms and food production areas. Dealing with plumbing repairs, painting, plant, boiler, heating and air conditioning systems this role is very varied. You will ensure health and safety standards are maintained at all times, liaise with contractors and service engineers and demonstrate our purpose and values throughout.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do. Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Maintenance Assistant role include:
• Identifying service problems or issues before they arise.
• Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with others.
• Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of others and actions requests quickly.
• Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
• Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
• Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
• Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests.
The successful applicant must have previous experience working in a maintenance role in a customer service environment preferably in hotel/hospitality, be able to work with minimum supervision, flexible hours, on any day of the week.
• Award winning employer
• Competitive Salary
• Worldwide team member benefit programme
• 50% F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
• Team member of the month incentive
• Free meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Many Team member celebration events throughout the year
• Incremental holiday allowance based on service
• Apprenticeships available
• Healthcare options
• Pension options
• Complimentary car parking
• Complimentary Leisure club membership
• Discounts off in house shop & beauty treatments
With 283 rooms, our stylish riverside hotel is conveniently situated alongside the Scottish Event Campus (SEC) the perfect location for those who enjoy working in the vibrant City of Glasgow.
The hotel hosts a mixture of leisure guests, those on business and those attending a meeting or celebration for up to 800 people, which our team organise with clockwork precision.
Our guests can stay energised with a visit to our Fitness Centre, wind down in the onsite heated pool, steam room and sauna or enjoy a delicious steak at the 'Mariner Restaurant' with views of the River Clyde. This contemporary hotel is a great place to work!
Valor Hospitality Europe
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Maintenance Assistant position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.