4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Meeting and Events Sales Manager to join our brand new hotel in Bristol, where you will receive a competitive salary plus amazing benefits which include FREE parking, FREE membership to our state of the art gyms, excellent holiday allowance as well as discounted food & beverage and stays in our hotels.
As our Meeting and Events Sales Manager you will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. As a result you should be highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards. You should have a can do attitude. In this type of industry teamwork is key; you should be a strong team player willing to lend a hand wherever needed.
You must have experience in a similar environment with the knowledge and confidence to deliver the role described below.
As a Meeting and Events Sales Manager you will:
* Deliver the meetings & events strategy in order to achieve budgeted commercial returns
* You want to inspire and drive a team to really excel in securing fantastic meetings and events sales and drive a key revenue stream within our business
* Your role is to deliver an efficient, effective and professional meetings and events booking service, maximising the conversion from enquiry to booking. You also ensure that all guest requirements are communicated accurately to the operational teams
* Play an active part in preparing and delivering the Sales Activity Plan and ensure it is communicated throughout the team/hotel.
* Have a thorough understanding of the M&E budget, ability to prepare and deliver accurate and relevant information as part of the weekly strategy meeting. Liaising closely with the General Manager, Revenue & Sales Manager to ensure all opportunities of increasing revenue and profit are successfully managed.
* Have constant knowledge of local competitors and new developments, market trends and customer performance
* Ensure that the meetings & events team are working to our excellence brand standards meeting and/or exceeding their own personal objectives.
* Respond to all enquiries in a confident & professional manner, displaying a clear & comprehensive knowledge of the hotel, its facilities and details of other hotels in the Group, taking every opportunity to upsell & refer business at all times.
* Ensure all proposals and contracts are issued in a timely manner to encourage conversion of business and fall in line with the company standards and clients expectations
* Produce pre shift briefings that will not only drive the team but additionally ensure they consistently deliver our customer service incentives.
* Ensure clients are aware of the full terms of business, including the cancellation policy and the need to confirm bookings prior to arrival.
* Conduct Client “showrounds” professionally, taking every opportunity to upsell.
* Record guests’ requirements accurately and communicate to operational departments.
* Ensure all team members are technologically savvy; they should be able to operate, demonstrate and instruct AV equipment safely and efficiently
* Drive your team with a passion for detail; confidence whilst utilise your own knowledge of upselling at every opportunity.
* Ensure team members have the knowledge they require for our meeting space to ensure our teams can utilisation for our guests.
Sales & Marketing:
* Maintain an effective relationship with the sales team and marketing team to produce regular promotional campaigns and maintaining an update web page for special events, tributes and party nights.
* Assist in organising and conducting FAM trips, client evenings, wedding open days/fairs, client show rounds in order to drive and secure new and existing business whilst raising the profile of the Hotel/Team
* Share experiences and personal passion to lead and embed training to impact on overall hospitality and brand standards
* Create engagement in the team
* Recruit team members who embody the role model descriptions of the high performance behaviours.
* Using the KPIs, benchmark individual team member’s performance in terms of hospitality and standards through our online appraisal system against the five high performance behaviours.
* Review wage cost and ensure staffing levels are at the appropriate levels to drive conversion.
* Think creatively and have business acumen in relation to financial matters- get involved in the financial performance and targets to assist in the overall profitability of the department.
* Be accountable for the accuracy of the data integrity and filing systems in order to comply with external audits and internal KPI’s
* Provide accurate and timely forecasting for the M&E business segment liaising with the commercial team identify in advance risks or opportunities on pricing.
* Work effectively with other departments within the hotel
* Comply with the Food Safety and Health and Safety procedures as specified by the CMI and internal audits and achieve a minimum of 85%.
* Role model the five high performance behaviours.
* Work effectively as a member of the Duty Management Team
Why choose Village?
We operate at the luxury/lifestyle end of the market with typically 110/160 bedrooms. Each of our hotels is equipped with fantastic leisure and dining facilities. They also have a Starbucks, meeting rooms and conference facilities. We work towards the highest levels of guest satisfaction; as such you will be part of an award winning team who deliver amazing hospitality constantly. As an expanding company with new hotels in the pipeline we are in a unique position to offer fantastic career progression backed up by training and development at every step of the way.
If you are truly passionate about a career in hotels and would like to work for a company that gives you job security, supportive management, a great team spirit and a real feeling of inclusiveness then Village Hotels is the place for you.
Our values and behaviours (inspirational, driven, commercial, detailed and resilient) demonstrate our passion for giving our guests an excellent experience and our staff the best career opportunities.
Apply now to be our Meeting and Events Sales Manager