4 months ago
At The Aberdeen Altens we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The position of M&E Sales Executive has become available at The Aberdeen Altens Hotel. Reporting into the Sales Office Manager. The successful applicant for this role will deliver excellent customer service, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care.
Who you are:
• Be motivated by the thrill of winning business and delivering amazing events.
• Be confident in all aspects of the hospitality industry to deliver high levels of service.
• Be a self-starter and be able to self-manage on a day to day basis.
• Must have the ability to prioritise your workload to meet the needs of the guest and hotel team.
• Must have great attention to detail and ability to create personalised service.
• Must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Daily Operations of the M&E Sales office:
• To take all telephone/e-mail enquiries in a professional manner and by
company standards through system and commercial processes to convert the
business and work with the client until the day of the event.
• To exceed BDRC Objectives for telephone, email and web enquiries
• To ensure that system activities for conversion are kept up to date daily and
have a focused approach at all times to maintain efficiencies and drive
• To produce high quality written confirmations and quotations for clients.
• Identify customer needs and provide quality solutions to match them.
• Build working relationships with clients and hotel team.
• To actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales to develop future
and repeat business contributing to the profitability of the hotel to The
Aberdeen Altens Hotel standards.• To carry out the best site visits within company and hotel guidelines
• To personalize the experience for the guest from proposal to departure.
• Respond positively & professionally to sales opportunities to maximise
• Ensure regular contact before and after the event with meeting organisers.
• To ensure that all systems are maintained daily with correct revenues and
client requirements at all times
• To proactively maximise all revenue opportunities on each event, through
up-selling additional services from the hotel and external providers where
• To send Venue Verdict surveys to all past clients in a timely manner
• To maintain both administration and operational standards to the clients
satisfaction whilst still achieving Hotel revenue and profit targets
• To proactively organise and host Open Evenings, Exhibitions, FAM Trips and
Events to locally promote the hotel to prospective customers.
• To deliver the brand standards of outstanding customer service whilst ensuring
a clear and effective line of communication is maintained with the operational
team and the rest of the hotel.
• To handle all administrative tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
• Identify new accounts and contacts to develop sales leads and pass to the
Director of Sales.
• To obtain full knowledge of Competitor's products to understand the market
• To cross sell other properties within the group as required• Assist in additional projects and departmental tasks as required.
• Planning ahead, ensuring adequate resources are available e.g. stock items
Controlling accuracy of Revenue/Accounting
• To maintain revenue standards in the systems at all times and ensure that the
handover process to the planning team is seamless.
• In the absence of the manager review Business on the Books with the
General Manager and forecast accordingly.
• Ensuring that billing procedures are in place and adhered to; within company
• Ensure that the system is actualised in timely manner after every event• To liaise closely with the Accounts Dept. ensuring all Company procedures
in relation to credit, billing and payment are adhered to
• Ensuring that the hotels communication policy is adhered to
• Attend the Hotel’s morning meeting to communicate key business and
• Hold final detail planning meetings with hotel operations and customers at
least 7 days prior to the event.
• Communicating with the hotel team regarding forthcoming business
• Providing regular feedback to the manager regarding service and appearance
Training and Development
• To consistently review own level skills and actively identify further personal
development requirements with the Sales Office Manager and Director of
• To comply with The Aberdeen Altens Hotel personal grooming standards
• To comply with the company policies and standards, including Absence,
Sickness, Poor Performance, Disciplinary and Grievance, code of conduct
Health & Safety
• To ensure that Health & Safety training is completed on first day and kept up
• Understanding relevant H&S legislation and the implications on the operation
of the department.
• Keeping up to date with all relevant legislation
• Ensuring that overall standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained at
all times in both front and back of house
• To attend all legally required training courses.
• To be mindful of conservation of energy and recycling at every opportunity
• Observation of all security, health and safety regulations
• To undertake any other duty that may reasonably be requested of you
Key Performance Indicators:
• BDRC Test Call Results
• M&E Conversion
• M&E Budget delivery
• Venue Verdict Score
• Repeat Business Conversion
What’s In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There’s open, clear communication from the top
* We’ve got great career development opportunities
* There’s a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Money off high street retailers
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Free meals on duty
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone who can communicate well with others, can carry out instructions, is able to pay close attention to detail and will commit to providing outstanding service to our guests. Experience of Guestline is preferable but full training is provided.
The Bigger Picture
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel is managed by RBH; an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At Redefine|BDL we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!