3 months ago
The job in a nutshell
As a member of our housekeeping team you will be cleaning rooms and setting them up to meet our brand standards. Travelodge prides itself on clean and fresh rooms and you will play a central role in helping to maintain these high standards so that our guests can enjoy a spotless room.
What you will be doing
* Cleaning rooms, making beds and cleaning bathrooms. Following a step by step approach to make sure every room is set up to brand standards
* Listening and acting on feedback from your manager
* Sharing great cleaning practices with your colleagues to support each other’s learning
* Attending daily team huddles and contributing to group discussions
* Reporting any room damage or breakages to your supervisor at huddle meetings so that rooms can be repaired
* Keeping public areas clean and tidy
* Keeping linen rooms clean, tidy and organised
* Reporting early if cleaning equipment and stock is running low
* Learning and following procedures for linen, security, keys, lost property and stock
* Keeping yourself, the team and our customers’ safe – following appropriate health and safety procedures
* Meeting productivity targets as agreed with your manager so that we can have all rooms ready for check in time
* Working as part of a team, helping others out when required
What we’ll expect from you
To succeed in this role, you will need to be able to bend and lift with ease, operate a vacuum cleaner and make beds. You will need a basic understanding of the English language and be able to understand and communicate effectively with your colleagues and customers.
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every team member are:
I care about people
* I treat everyone in a way you would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. Every day is different here and you definitely see life! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
You will earn £7.50 per hour (for day workers, 15% more for night workers) and you can also expect to enjoy room and food discounts and friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and development
You can expect full training in your role and you don’t need previous experience to join us. We have transparent career paths at Travelodge and you get to choose how far and how fast you want to go. Our Aspire Programme recognises everyone is different. If you want to develop towards managing your own hotel, Aspire Traveller is a structured training and development programme.