about 1 year ago
De Vere Wokefield Estate
If you are looking to join a team in a property that spans over 250 acres, 376 bedrooms and 51 meeting rooms, then look no further than De Vere Wokefield Estate. Sat on the outskirts of Reading, the De Vere Wokefield Estate boats a traditional mansion house hotel, a modern executive centre and US PGA-standard 7 golf course to name but a few of the amenities. With such a large property there are plenty of opportunities for you to shine in hospitality here.
What is the main purpose of the role?
In this role, you will develop established and recognised linen control systems with respect to all departments within the hotel, including laundry of guest clothing and staff uniform, receipt, counting and stock rotation, sorting and distribution.
You’ll ensure all housekeeping equipment is used safely and effectively and will report any accidents to guests and staff and potential hazards. The Linen Porter will also ensure tidiness and cleanliness of all linen cupboards, store rooms and back of house areas as required.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with a passion for customer service, a great self-motivator with a positive attitude and a keen eye for detail.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive schemes
* Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
Please be aware we also have staff transport available from Reading Train Station to the hotel (£1 each way) which matches the required shift patterns for this role.
Staff accommodation could be option for this role.