about 1 month ago
Prepare culinary delights for our guests and hotel clientele. Guest satisfaction revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. Be responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry stations or other areas of the kitchen. Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
* Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards, use records, production and portion standards, per order specks.
* Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare more than estimated needs.
* Remembering all the multiple orders and easily assemble them to the order.
* Work all stations on kitchen line to include broiler, sauté, fry, pantry, and expediter stations.
* Date all food containers and rotate as per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
* Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull, and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
* Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
* Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage.
* Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience. Culinary certificate or degree preferred.
Experience: Six months – 1 year in a food/beverage services environment or establishment.
Skills and Abilities: Strong knowledge of operating industrial sized ovens and cooking ranges. Possess knowledge of preparing different types of cuisines, relishes, soups and salads. Have a basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills. Understand and knowledgeable of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures. Must have manual coordination to punch buttons, grasp items in hand, and carry containers loaded with food and liquids. Able to read, speak and understand English. Able to lift, push, carry 20 - 40 lbs. Stand continuously for long periods of time. Communicate information and hotel services to management, staff and guests.