4 months ago
Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels, workspaces and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
Soho House is a platform for creativity and a space for its diverse membership to have fun, connect, discover and grow. Our passion is people, and we put members and our team at the heart of everything we do. We promote equality, respect and kindness within our walls, and in every community, we create around the world. At Soho House, culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them.
The Learning & Development Director will be responsible for designing the global L&D strategy that is aligned to Soho House Values, Ethics, and Mission, ensuring we are preparing our global employee group for the future. As the Global Learning & Development Director, you will be responsible for strategy, deployment, and maintenance of all leadership and career development processes for Soho House globally. The role is integral to the success of our global talent management.
The Global L&D Director is primarily responsible for three key areas; (a) deliver multi blended learning initiatives (including management development, competency models, and innovative industry leading interventions) (b) develop our Soho House point of view and tone for broad-based employee development including systems, resources, and cultural reinforcement, and (c) develop and manage the Soho House How We Work (framework) and approach to internal coaching and mentoring. This role will own all our emerging suite of learning tools built in house and with our external partners. The role will also oversee the learning & development teams for our North America, UK, European, and Asia houses.
In short, the role provides a exemplary level expertise to the global organization in all key areas of talent and leadership development, with the ability to generate truly innovative concepts and translate those strategic concepts into useful tools with wide appeal and organizational impact. The individual in this role is expected to remain active and highly engaged in the field of Talent Management, Leadership Development and Organizational Psychology to ensure they are current with the latest trends and more importantly, leading new trends
The role will be based at the London Support Office and reports directly to the Chief People Officer with whom they will work with to ensure we create an industry leading L&D function to keep the “magic” throughout all Soho House & Co properties.
* Take a global strategic lead working with key stakeholders to implement and develop the L&D function
* Empower and coach the learning team to own the execution of L&D initiatives and mentor them to drive continuous learner improvement, measurement, efficiency and scalability.
* Create and brand a talent lab centre for Soho Academy to focus on company-wide training initiatives that is both innovative and blended
* Support with strategy/design of Club Schools and new openings
* Review and re brand current Soho House learning material to ensure alignment to our strategy and fit for purpose
* Develop blended and broad-based career development tools and processes, global career frameworks, functional career models, competencies, internal coaching, and team effectiveness
* Leads our global career management agenda in support of Soho House operating model and ensures that Soho House stays at the forefront of talent development
* Drives Soho House global career philosophy and supporting strategy, processes, and tools, including the COE’s partnership with other HR COEs (including Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards) to ensure a consistent, employee-centred design
* Accountable for the strategic direction of career development processes and tools (including critical experiences, competency and career models) that support quality career discussions, drive growth and promote organisational diversity
* Collaborate with relevant local stakeholders to align and ensure local compliance on global priorities
* Coach and deliver feedback of high-potentials and Chief Suite.
* Leads vendor selection and manages vendor relationships
* Lead and implement accelerated leadership programs across the company.
* Deliver selected training programs where required.
* Review global monthly L&D Calendars to ensure relevance, compliance, and strategy alignment.
* Adhere to health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker’s comp procedures, and allergy procedures) and implement, monitor and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures and standards and local, state and federal law as applicable
* Implement and create a Learning Management System to support training materials and annual required training for employees.
* Develop methods for evaluation of program effectiveness
* Lead cross functional meetings to collect information relevant to the content of instructional material under development
* Continually monitor and analyse service standards and offering effective training and development solutions where required.
* Encourage, support, and partner with all senior Key Stakeholders across the company for training and development needs.
* Minimum of 10+ years of transferable L&D experience, curating content, and facilitating trainings for multi-unit properties throughout a region and/or globally
* Ability to create and present scalable trainings on PowerPoint (or Prezi)
* Subject Matter Expertise/Knowledge of Learning and Development
* Proven computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Attention to detail, commitment to quality work product and well organized.
* Experience in successfully communicating both verbally and in writing
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Team player to participate and support needs of entire team
* Excellent ability to project manage initiatives
* Willing to learn new systems, concepts and methods as industry & initiatives dictate
* An essential part of the job is being available on a flexible schedule and being willing to work outside “office hours”. For example, nights, weekends and holidays (as needed and when applicable). This may or may not be required on a regular basis, but is mandatory when needed
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
* Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
* Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
* Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
* Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
* Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
* Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days