14 days ago
At The Duke of Cornwall, we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The position of Laundry Operative has become available at The Duke of Cornwall. Reporting into the Housekeeping Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the onsite laundry. With every room that little bit different our guests will always remember the nights spent at The Duke. The successful applicant for this role will deliver excellent customer service, have a positive ‘can do' attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care. In these Covid times our guests will be extra mindful of standards and cleaning, our housekeeping team really make a difference. Duties within the role will include:
* Processing of hotel linen which includes:
* Duvet Covers etc
* Quality control of all linen
* Following all health and safety policies and a good understanding of COSHH (further training is provided)
* Audits of all linen to published timelines
Where Will You Be Working?
Dating back to 1863, the Duke stands as an iconic piece of Plymouth’s history and has some fascinating stories to tell. Created as the city’s first luxury hotel, the building was designed to project Victorian grandeur and splendour. With so much of what surrounded it destroyed in the war, the Duke’s survival leaves its architectural merit even more apparent. Stepping into the hotel’s grand entrance, you also step back in time. Considerate restorations mean the Duke’s original grace and character can continue to be enjoyed today.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone who can communicate well with others, can carry out instructions, is able to pay close attention to detail and will commit to providing outstanding service to our guests. Experience within a similar role of running a hotel laundry is preferable but training is provided.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing, and our communities.
* Our people are truly engaged at work.
* There's open, clear communication from the top.
* We've got great career development opportunities.
* There is a culture of transformation and innovation.
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will have access to a benefits package that includes.
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Money off high street retailers
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first.
* Free meals on duty
The Bigger Picture
The Duke of Cornwall is managed by RBH; an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott, and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So, if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!