4 months ago
Laundry Attendant - Housekeeping
We have a great opportunity for a Laundry Attendant to join our Housekeeping department. You will be responsible for ensuring all areas within Laundry are cleaned, maintained, and presented accordingly to the standards of excellence by Shangri-La. You will deliver all requests aligned with guestrooms and adhere to our excellent service promise. The same care should be extended to all areas of the hotel inclusive of Heart of House, pantries & corridors.
Who are we?
Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London is the first elevated luxury hotel in the city. It offers 202 guestrooms and suites – located throughout levels 34 & 52 of The Shard, Western Europe’s tallest building. With unparalleled views across London, the hotel features a number of signature dining venues & three river-facing event spaces. Level 52 is home to 24-hour gym, Western Europe’s highest infinity pool & bar. Located in London's most historic area, the hotel is nearby the financial hubs of the City and Canary Wharf as well as key tourist attractions such as Tate Modern, the Tower of London, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Shakespeare's Globe and Borough Market.
What we are looking for?
* We are looking for someone with a pleasant & welcoming manner.
* Additional languages.
* Ability to lift, move furniture and weights which is essential for room checks.
* Flexible & adaptable to different working conditions & hours.
* Ability to stand for long hours.
* Oral & written fluency in English.
* Relevant experience within a similar environment.
* Be motivated & a self-starter.
* Have a positive attitude.
* Commitment to our values and beliefs.
What’s in it for you?
- In addition to a competitive compensation package, we believe that with the right attitude, anything is possible at Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts . We are committed to investing heavily in your development and helping you grow a long-term career with Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts.
- Our aim is always to keep and reward the very best. So, each year we fill most of the company’s management positions via internal promotions and transfers and with over 50 projects in development around the world, the opportunities are endless.
- Free meals on duty and laundering of your suited uniform.
- Pension contribution.
- Shangri-La staff rates at our luxury properties worldwide.
- Regular social celebrations.
- Discount in our F&B outlets.
- Shard card and deal card (Discounts at a variety of local businesses)
- Cycle to work
- Childcare vouchers
- Many others….
Please note that all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, without restrictions. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates.