about 1 year ago
: United Kingdom-St Andrews-Fairmont St Andrews
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Showcase your talents as a Kitchen Steward, where your attentiveness and care will ensure the creation of exceptional cuisine.
Hotel Overview: Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting in the Home of Golf, Fairmont St Andrews is the perfect location to turn any holiday into a treasured memory whilst offering a resort experience steeped in the history of the area and traditions of Scotland. The Resort includes 209 luxurious guest bedrooms, 6 diverse dining outlets, 2 golf courses and a tranquil Spa & Leisure facility.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Stewarding Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
* Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
* Operate an industrial dishwasher
* Ensure the kitchen Colleagues have the dishes/silverware required and guests have clean dishes
* Sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
* Sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner
* Ensure all breakages and chipped items are removed from circulation and inventoried
* Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times
* Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment
* Other duties as assigned
Previous experience not required
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
* Constant standing and walking throughout shift
* Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
* Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid work authorisation for the UK.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Overnight Job
: 19.Mar.2020, 3:59:00 AM