5 months ago
De Vere Devonport House
It's where Maritime History meets the modern day and the place where you could sail into your next career move at De Vere Devonport House. Based in Greenwich on a World Heritage site and brimming with character this property offers 99 bedrooms and 13 meeting rooms, an array of events and weddings, a bar and a mouth-watering restaurant; offering plenty of scope for your next career move.
What is the main purpose of the role?
You will carry out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and safety guidelines are observed, and observe COSHH and health and safety guidelines.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards: General cleaning of all equipment used in the kitchen, Removal of refuse and cleaning of refuse areas and basic food preparation.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Kitchen Steward will have the ability to work under pressure, excellent attention to detail, a high standard of personal presentation and have a confident, professional and welcoming personality.
* A competitive salary
* Hotel based incentive schemes
* Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty