about 1 year ago
* Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
* Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
* Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
* Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
* Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
* Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations.
* Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
* Check the working condition of dishwashing machine in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies and report to the supervisor or culinary manager.
* Fill the dishwashing machine with specified amounts of designated chemicals. Ensure the temperature level of each cycle is set to standard.
* Organize the breakdown area for drop off of dirty wares.
* Remove excess food, debris and film from soiled wares before placing them in the dishwashing machine.
* Position wares in designated racks correctly and send through dishwashing machine only when full.
* Clean only designated wares in the dishwashing machine.
* Remove washed wares from dishwashing machine and allow to air dry.
* Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed wares and rewash wares not meeting standards.
* Sort, stack and store cleaned wares in designated areas.
* Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
* Change dishwashing machine water/filters and refill as specified to ensure all wares are properly cleaned.
* Monitor usage of dishwashing machine and chemicals to maximize consumption of water and chemicals.
* Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal.
* Breakdown and clean dishwashing machine and work areas.
* Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils and other kitchen equipment.
* Stock Kitchen lines with designated cleaned wares, utensils and equipment.
* Clean spills in Kitchen and work areas immediately.
* Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (brooms, mops, stripper, buffer, etc.).
* Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items which do not belong and place in correct areas.
* Transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dumpster; empty and clean. Adhere to recycling regulations.
* Clean garbage compactor and area as assigned.
* Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
* Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations as required by the hotel.
* Organize and restock work areas for next shift.
* All Associates are required to fully comply with hotel and departmental rules, regulations and policies for the safe, secure, effective and environmentally friendly operation of the hotel facilities. Examples include, but are not limited to lost and found procedures, emergency procedures, recycling efforts, etc.
* Attend and participate in all hotel and/or departmental meetings, training sessions and other information meetings.
* Regular attendance in conformance with hotels standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Comply with hotel grooming standards for both uniformed and non-uniformed associates.
* Comply with hotel service and behavioral standards towards our guests, vendors and fellow colleagues, including, but not limited to ensuring proper phone etiquette, courteous and respectful behavior and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
* Perform all other duties as directed by management that are consistent with the policies and procedures of the hotel.