10 months ago
De Vere Horsley Estate
Would you like to work in a place where every day you discover something new and individual about the building and grounds that surround you? Set in 70 acres of Surrey parkland, De Vere Horsley Estate has history and heritage at every turn. Designed and built in the 1820s by the architect of the Houses of Parliament, the estate is now home to a contemporary training, conference and meeting venue. For a unique experience, The Towers, an Elizabethan style house, creates an unforgettable backdrop for weddings with picturesque lakeside lawns, Arabian inspired secret chapel and cloisters.
Kitchen Porter - weekends
What is the main purpose of the role?
You will carry out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and safety guidelines are observed, and observe COSHH and health and safety guidelines.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards: General cleaning of all equipment used in the kitchen, Removal of refuse and cleaning of refuse areas and basic food preparation. Assist kitchen and food service staff in the fetching and carrying of food and equipment
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Kitchen Steward will have the ability to work under pressure, excellent attention to detail, a high standard of personal presentation and have a confident, professional and welcoming personality.
* A competitive hourly rate
* 28 days holiday each year (pro rata based on number of hours worked)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Free meals on duty