about 1 month ago
We are currently looking for Kitchen Porter to join our Kitchen Team at the Hilton Aberdeen TECA. As a Kitchen Porter you will be an integral part of the Kitchen Brigade Reporting into the Head Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring kitchen cleanliness , basic food preparation, and maintaining kitchen organization. The successful applicant for this role will have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be passionate about every aspect of food and cooking and show that they care.
* Maintaining high standards of hygiene
* Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
* Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
* Cleaning dishes
Where Will You Be Working?
Your new role of Kitchen Porter will see you working in the Hilton Aberdeen on the site of The Event Complex Aberdeen (TECA). 200 bedroom Hilton in Aberdeen, forms part of The Event Complex Aberdeen (TECA), includes an executive lounge and up to 8 meeting rooms of variable sizes along with a cocktail bar, two very stylish speciality restaurants, fitness centre and wet leisure and spa facilities.
What’s In It For You?
People love to work with RBH Hospitality because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There’s open, clear communication from the top
* We’ve got great career development opportunities
* There’s a culture of transformation and innovation.
* We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career.
You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Everyday discounts from high street retailers
* Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
* Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Free meals on duty
* Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
What Are We Looking For?
We’re looking for an individual who has;
* A great personality and be genuine, approachable, attentive and instinctive
* A proven track record in a similar role
* Strong training and development skills so you can share your skills with others.
* Excellent communication skills
* A desire to be “the best” with high standards;
* Ability to effectively manage and motivate the individuals within your team to support them in achievement of their personal development goals.
* Good proven organisation and planning skills gained through previous experience
The Bigger Picture
So, if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!
Hilton Aberdeen will be managed by RBH Hospitality; an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriot and Wyndham. At RBH Hospitality we stand out from our peers, to truly transform hotels.