10 months ago
De Vere Beaumont Estate
Beaumont Estate is De Vere's largest hotel and venue, and here at this big property we have big opportunities. We regularly host incredible events up for up to 1000 attendees, such as festivals with camping, food festivals and obstacle course team building activities. We also regularly welcome high profile clients and delegates, hosting private dining and networking events and tending to their every need.
That's why we can offer a range of incredible opportunities across our wide and varied departments including conference & events, restaurants, bars, kitchen, housekeeping, front of house and maintenance and gardens, just to name a few. And, with our superb, dedicated training facilities on site, we can really nurture our colleagues and offer fantastic career development opportunities that will support your hospitality career and aspirations.
What is the main purpose of the role?
As a Kitchen Porter you will be an integral part of the hard working kitchen team in one of our two busy kitchens where we can serve in excess of 500 meals per breakfast, lunch and dinner.
You will carry out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and safety guidelines are observed, and observe health and safety guidelines.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards: General cleaning of all equipment used in the kitchen, Removal of refuse and cleaning of refuse areas and basic food preparation. Progression and training available.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Kitchen Porter will have the ability to work under pressure, excellent attention to detail, a high standard of personal presentation and have a confident, professional and welcoming personality. A real team player with a strong work ethic.
* £8.21 per hour, on an hourly-paid full time contract with opportunities for overtime
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Complimentary taxi for the first five miles when travelling to/from work outside of bus times
* Free meals on duty
* Complimentary use of the Leisure Club Gym and Swimming Pool
* Free on-site car parking
* Hotel based financial incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours online benefits portal which provides discounts/cashback on travel, leisure activities, health, retail and motoring
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the venue and across De Vere, including opportunities to complete nationally accredited qualifications
* Access to our Inspire Online learning portal, with e-learning modules including professional development and compliance
* Discounted colleague and family rates for accommodation within all De Vere hotels
* Long service awards and recognition which increase with service, including complimentary accommodation, food and drink plus extras