about 1 month ago
We are only as good as the people we employ and if you love delivering excellent customer service, have a quirky personality and, above all, love to have fun – we want you to join our team!
You… are passionate, motivated, driven and reliable. You are creative, positive and friendly. You are able to work cohesively as part of a team and have a desire to learn and develop your skills. You are a competent leader with a proven track record of delivering outrageous guest experiences.
About Us… Crowne Plaza & Staybridge Suites Manchester Oxford Road is owned by M&L Hospitality, a global investor in the finest hotels all over the world. The hotel is managed by Cycas Hospitality, a fast-growing management company working with some of the world’s leading hotel brands.
Experience… you will ideally have prior experience as a Kitchen Porter or similar role, in a hotel or similar customer service environment.
Responsibilities… will include the following:
• To provide an efficient, clean and organised wash-up cycle of crockery, cutlery and other goods in the wash-up areas
• To ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy, pots and pans cleaned, maintained and ready for the Chefs use
• To provide a safe working environment in the kitchen, wash up and back of house areas
• To ensure the smooth running of these areas you need good organisation skills and ability to avoid a backlog of washing-up, keeping the back and front of house clean and tidy
• Emptying bottles and waste bins and using food compactor after proper training
• Maintain the kitchen cleanliness in accordance to food hygiene regulations using correct chemicals on the correct surfaces/ appliances
• Washing –up of all the pots and pans and other equipment used in the kitchen
• Ensuring the bin area and compactor are neat, clean and tidy
• Ensuring at the end of the shift that everything is cleaned, and the floor is swept and mopped ready for the next shift
• Perform other duties as assigned
Benefits… the Kitchen Porter role is a flexible role which includes many attractive company benefits, as detailed below. When you join the team, we will offer you a competitive starting salary, amazing company benefits including employee discounted rates in thousands of hotels around the world, company health plan, pensions scheme and various incentive programs. And most importantly, we will offer you a platform on which you can shine and develop your talent and skills.
If this sounds like you, then come and join us…
Please apply in writing by email attaching your CV and cover letter, along with your current salary and notice period and answering the following question:
Q: ‘What quirky qualities would you personally bring to the Crowne Plaza Manchester Oxford Road team?’
Please be advised that if you do not hear from us by 1st June 2019, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.
*** All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of two satisfactory references being obtained from the referees provided to us on your application and proof of your eligibility to work in the UK***