11 months ago
The Principal York, located adjacent to the train station provides great public transport links. The hotel boasts 155 bedrooms all with a beautiful look and feel that delivers pure home from home comfort to our guests. Public spaces within the hotel include The Garden Room, with views across the hotel lawns to York Minster in the background. The hotel's restaurant The Refectory Kitchen & Terrace serves dishes made with fresh, seasonal local produce and the comfortable, cosy Chapter House Bar. The hotel has received several accolades such as Hotel of the Year for two consecutive years, along with Bar of the Year at the Visit York Tourism Awards 2018.
The Kitchen Porter Role
As a Kitchen Porter, working as part of our kitchen brigade you will carry out general cleaning tasks as highlighted on daily and weekly cleaning schedules, as well as deep cleaning of areas and equipment. Daily you will use equipment such as the pot-washing machine and chemicals therefore important that all health and safety guidelines are adhered to.
Both full time roles and flexible hours are available
The benefits of working as a Kitchen Porter at The Principal York;
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays
* Hotel incentive and recognition schemes (earn high street vouchers, overnight stays, paid birthday day off)
* Access to our IHG Benefits portal, including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague and friends and family rates at IHG hotels
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty