3 months ago
Kitchen Porter - Full and Part Time
Doubletree Chester Hotel & Spa, Warrington Road,Chester, CH2 3PD
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 19 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe..
The Kitchen Porter role involves a range of duties including: ensuring that all items of crockery, cutlery, kitchen surfaces and service equipment are kept clean and maintained in a hygienic condition, ready for use. You will assist Kitchen and Food Service team members as required in order to ensure that our guests receive the highest standards of service. Attention to detail is of paramount importance and you have a key role in keeping our kitchen running smoothly.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do. Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Kitchen Porter role include:
• Identifying service problems or issues before they arise.
• Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with others.
• Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of others and actions requests quickly.
• Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
• Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
• Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
• Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests.
The successful applicant should have previous experience in a customer service or hotel/ hospitality related role, be able to work with minimum supervision, and able to work flexible hours on any day of the week.
• Award winning employer
• Competitive Salary
• Worldwide team member benefit programme
• 50% F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
• Team member of the month incentive
• Free meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Many Team member celebration events throughout the year
• Incremental holiday allowance based on service
• Apprenticeships available
• Healthcare options
• Pension options
• Discounts off Spa treatments
• Local attraction discounts
With 219 rooms, our stylish hotel is set within 12 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in an 18th Century Manor House, just a short distance from Chester City Centre.
The hotel hosts a mixture of leisure guests, those on business and those attending a meeting or celebration, which our team organise with clockwork precision.
Our guests love our stunning gardens and Grade II listed buildings which make the perfect location for a wedding or celebration.
Our Club and Spa offers luxurious treatments, indoor and outdoor pool, thermal rooms, steam room, aroma room, Hammam and sauna and with two stunning restaurants including our 'Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and Grill'.This fabulous hotel is a great place to work!
Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill - Chester
Located within the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chester, our newly refurbished restaurant offers everything you would expect from a traditional steakhouse with the superior quality of a Marco Pierre White restaurant. Our team are proud to serve the finest quality, locally sourced ingredients within an intimate setting, overlooking the stunning gardens surrounding the hotel. This contemporary restaurant is a great place to work!
Valor Hospitality Europe
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Kitchen Porter position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.