4 months ago
Salary - meets National Minimum/Living Wage requirements
Crowne Plaza Glasgow, Congress Road, Glasgow , G3 8QT
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 19 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe..
The Kitchen Porter role involves a range of duties including: ensuring that all items of crockery, cutlery, kitchen surfaces and service equipment are kept clean and maintained in a hygienic condition, ready for use. You will assist Kitchen and Food Service team members as required in order to ensure that our guests receive the highest standards of service. Attention to detail is of paramount importance and you have a key role in keeping our kitchen running smoothly.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do. Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Kitchen Porter role include:
• Identifying service problems or issues before they arise.
• Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with others.
• Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of others and actions requests quickly.
• Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
• Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
• Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
• Ensuring promises are kept by following through on requests.
The successful applicant should have previous experience in a customer service or hotel/ hospitality related role, be able to work with minimum supervision, and able to work flexible hours on any day of the week.
In return we offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package including the opportunity to achieve NVQ/SNVQ qualifications and the use of hotel leisure facilities, uniform and meals on duty.
• Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Kitchen Porter position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.
7 months ago
only 14 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close