about 1 year ago
De Vere Theobalds Estate
An elegant and historic Georgian country mansion in Hertfordshire seamlessly combined with modern conference facilities provides the perfect place for your next career move. Located in 55 acres of parkland and only 10 miles from London, the impressive 140 bedroomed property that boasts 29 meetings rooms, a bar and a restaurant, this hotel really has a wide variety of opportunities within all departments.
What is the main purpose of the role?
You will carry out general cleaning duties and the operation of pot-washing machinery to deliver an excellent Guest experience while ensuring back of house areas are clean and safety guidelines are observed, and observe COSHH and health and safety guidelines.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards: General cleaning of all equipment used in the kitchen, Removal of refuse and cleaning of refuse areas and basic food preparation. Assist kitchen and food service staff in the fetching and carrying of food and equipment
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Kitchen Steward will have the ability to work under pressure, excellent attention to detail, a high standard of personal presentation and have a confident, professional and welcoming personality.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive schemes
* Voluntary benefits including discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation within the group with colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within both the hotel and the company
* Free meals on duty