about 1 month ago
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The position of Kitchen Manager has become available at the Holiday Inn Express Bridgwater. Reporting into the Deputy General Manager, you will be responsible, purchasing food and stock, cleaning, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques. In addition, ensuring that the companies standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the proportions are correct, and all food is cooked and served to a high standard.
The menu is basic and looking for someone with Food Hygiene L2, the role is 40hrs over 5 days
You will also be responsible for controlling the food cost, waste, and to do your best to optimise profit for the company and create the best dining experience possible for customers.
Where Will You Be Working
A new contemporary hotel with 138 bedrooms, on the outskirts of the historic town of Bridgwater,
The hotel is situated for easy access to the Somerset Coast, Quantock Hills and popular towns like Glastonbury and Taunton, it is a great stop off point before continuing your journey down to Devon or Cornwall.
Just off the M5 motorway J24, Holiday Inn Express® Bridgwater is a 3 miles drive from the city centre, also at the gateway to the South West
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an individual who;
Will ensure that the hotel operates effectively on a day to day basis, in line with company and brand standards, and that the appearance of the hotel creates a professional impression to guests and employees.
Also who has;
* Dynamic leadership.
* Strong focus on customer service.
* Ability to cope under pressure.
* Strongly motivated and ambition-driven.
* Ability to multitask.
* Warm personality.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There's open, clear communication from the top
* We've got great career development opportunities
* There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Everyday discounts from high street retailers
* Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
* Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Free meals on duty
* Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!