4 months ago
Apply now Job no: 505915
Employment type Full time
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
Location: London, United Kingdom
Department: Non-Management (Experienced), Engineering
Could you help transport someone to another world? To an oriental world of luxury, and the most attentive service? To a world that’s all about them?
Our colleagues create that world for our guests. And together, we grow. We learn to become better, more refined, more distinguished. Our colleagues are what make Mandarin Oriental memorable.
If you want to be part of a culture that makes its colleagues and its guests feel valued every day, this is the place for you.
With the glamour of Knightsbridge and leafy Hyde Park on its doorstep, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London's most fashionable address. Blending sumptuous guestrooms with award-winning restaurants, Dinner by Heston Blumenthal & Bar Boulud, a world class spa, The Rosebery and a bustling bar; it is the definitive destination for a luxury escape in the capital.
We are currently looking for a Kitchen Engineer to join our Engineering team here at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London.
The Kitchen Engineer will be responsible for the following duties:
* Carrying out all PPM to all kitchen equipment including, gas & induction equipment, wash ware, combination ovens and mixers.
* Retrieving and completing work orders.
* Reporting any discrepancies, unsolved problems and newly observed engineering problems.
* Obtaining all necessary information, documentation and instruction to ensure that effective, efficient work may be performed.
Experience within commercial kitchen servicing fields and Gas certifications are essential
We offer our Kitchen Engineer world class benefits including, but not limited to:
* Complimentary hotels stays across the group
* Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
* Free laundry and complimentary meals whilst on duty
* Team member discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
* Colleague recognition and reward programmes
* An exciting range of learning and development programmes
* Opportunities for promotion and transfers across the group
* Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
About Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London:
With the glamorous shopping of Knightsbridge and leafy Hyde Park on its doorstep, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most fashionable address. Presently undergoing one of the most extensive renovations in its 115-year history, the hotel has recently revealed the first phase of a far reaching renovation, with the re-opening of the Knightsbridge-facing guest rooms and suites. Blending sumptuous guestrooms with two award-winning restaurants, Dinner by Heston Blumenthal and Bar Boulud, an urban spa, 17-metre swimming pool, The Rosebury Lounge and a bustling bar, it is the definitive destination for a luxury escape to the capital.
Working at Mandarin Oriental isn’t just a job; it provides an opportunity to build a career for life with the potential to travel the world within our unique organization. Our people aim high and we support them all the way by providing career advancement and Learning and Development programmes designed to enable our colleagues to be the best. We do this by developing our Colleagues and encouraging them to take on new challenges, thus allowing us to identify their potential and help them expand their careers as the groups expansion plans take effect over the next few years with many new hotel openings on the horizon.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Advertised: 17 Jun 2019 GMT Daylight Time