4 months ago
We work with some of the most talented and unique individuals in our business, who always ensure the extraordinary guest experience of Dorchester Collection and the hotels within it. It is, after all, our people that bring our vision to life. As a member of our Dorchester Collection Family, we will support your development by nurturing your personality, creating a transparent culture of trust collaboration and appreciation. Supported by our annual personal development planning, tailored learning opportunities and our Academy programs you will be a part of creating a bespoke experience.
Treasured by guests. Cherished by employees. Celebrated worldwide.
As an employee, you are expected to provide our guests with a bespoke and memorable experience measured to the highest standards of quality and service delivery. Additionally the execution of your position will be in accordance to our company policies, standards and procedures.
Our company values are the fundamental spirit on how we reach our goals. As an ambassador of Dorchester Collection you will be entrusted with our values and expected to further enrich our We Care culture: Passion - Personality - Respect - Working Together - Creativity
This job description is intended to illustrate the main duties and responsibilities of the role. It is not intended to be exhaustive and please be advised that the duties and responsibilities may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
Division & Department
Food & Beverage - Kitchen
Kitchen Cook 1
The primary function of the Cook 1 is to assume the following job responsibilities Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacle. Set-up, clean and break down work station. Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Prepare and cook food. Provide quality service to ensure positive results reflected in AAA, Forbes standard results and Gallup feedback.
Individual needs to have a professional appearance and warm, accommodating confident, enthusiastic, motivating personality and abide by the principles, goals and policies in The Beverly Hills Hotel Pledge. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees are required to work varying schedules, including holidays, to accommodate the business and demands of the hotel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to have their station set up done without help and to standard as directed by the Chef team and follows cleanliness & organization practices
Beginning to show signs of leadership by:
* Jumping in and helping other areas when / as needed
* Proactively managing MEP on a weekly schedule
* Encourage development of cook 2/3/4 by showing some guidance in prep and organization, including item counts and other kitchen SOP’s
* Highly positive and self-motivated
* Partnership with Supervisor to achieve all daily challenges
* Work flow is highly productive requires minimum training, needs to work to become highly efficient and showing good time management
* Flexible work schedule to the operation needs
* Able to work every station in the kitchen with success
* A budding knowledge of recipes, techniques and terminology
* Create a great team environment, where the diversity of the individual members is valued. Be there for your team.
* Be passionately involved in the training and development of the team. It is our responsibility.
* Think of the hotel as if you owned it, and how your presence in the culinary department affects the entire guests’ experience.
* Understand and be the driver of the agreed culinary concepts, goals, philosophies and food and beverage directions.
* Create a seamless work environment with the leaders of food and beverage and synergize the team effort, remember we are one team.
* Take ownership and initiate problem solving opportunities. Follow up and hold yourself accountable at all times.
* Be open to suggestions and criticize your own work performance, be a leader and innovator in the industry.
* Cleanliness is to be immaculate, do not wait to clean; show examples and people will follow. Define your cleanliness standards.
* Find a way, be positive, utilize your experiences, and welcome challenging circumstances.
Essential Functions & Physical Requirements
Highest standards of food product, sanitation, storage, and handling procedures
Food product, presentation, and service standards
* The responsibilities of the Cook 1 are as follows, but are not limited to
* Always have a notebook to write recipes, procedures and prep lists with.
* Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with other employees.
* Clearly communicate using professional language
* Daily communication with Sous Chef(s), Executive Sous Chef and/or
* Executive Chef. Discuss hotel status, special attention arrivals and /or special attention guests with dietary/allergic restrictions, kitchen status (equipment repairs, cleanliness, and special needs projects), kitchen morale, suggestions of ways to improve guests experiences through new food offerings and ideas to drive revenue.
* Daily communications with stewards to ensure kitchen is running at the highest possible sanitary standards.
* Give and log daily, weekly and monthly projects to the stewards for areas of concern.
* Constantly pushing self to learn more about food service through books, magazines and dining out.
* Confident leader and perfect example for other team members.
* Ensure complete wash and sanitized kitchen is passed over to the next shift.
* Ensure stewards have followed their daily, scheduled cleanliness of walk-ins, lines and general area of stewarding and kitchen.
* Daily line checks with team members ensuring quality and shelf life of product. Responsible for utilizing product through alternative outlets to minimize product loss.
* Closely monitor portion sizing to ensure consistency.
* Assist Supervisor in maintaining all logs and checklists for State and Internal audits.
* Responsible for assisting with updating recipe books with proper procedures.
* Responsible for protein/plate counts for service.
* Responsible for (Preventative) Maintenance log in Chef’s office with engineering team.
* Thorough check of all walk-ins to ensure proper storage and rotation.
* Expert in plating using proper service ware.
Responsible for shift line-ups, informing F&B staff of specials and menu items no longer available.
* Ensure storerooms are in excellent condition, maintaining/delegating maintenance when necessary.
* Keep par items ordered for dry storage and produce walk-in.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand for up to 8 hours. Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, use hand, finger and wrist dexterity. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Qualifications and Desirables
EDUCATIONAL AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Clear fluent conversational English. Fluent bilingual technical conversation vocabulary (English/Spanish) would be an asset.
* Ability to provide legible communication.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and requisitions. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to respond to and creatively resolve guest inquiries or complaints.
* Experience in a 4-5 star hotel’s culinary program.
* Passion and respect for food and service.
* Sense of urgency.
* Desire for more knowledge pertaining to the culinary field.
* Ability to cross train in various departments for overall understanding of the operations and provide ultimate guest experience.
Due to nature of the hospitality industry, employees are required to work varying schedules, including holidays, to accommodate the business and demands of the hotel
• Medical Benefits
• Pension/401k Plan
• Sick Time
• Hotel Benefits
EOE: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. 7. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act.
OSH Act: A Cook 1 is not to handle any human body fluid, biological agents, laboratory chemicals.
9641 Sunset Blvd 90210 Beverly Hills