11 months ago
As a member of our hotel team, you will be making sure every customer who stays with us has a great experience from the moment they arrive, to when they leave.
What you will be doing
* Delivering a great customer experience at every stage of our customer journey
* Welcoming our customers to the hotel
* Listening to customers, managing any requests or issues with genuine warmth and interest
* Working together with your colleagues to make sure you deliver consistently great service and helping each other
* Learning about what is happening in your hotel and the local area and sharing this with the rest of the team and customers
* Keeping your team and customer safe by following health and safety procedures, including regular fire and safety walks
* Keep your line manager up to date with any problems and follow up where necessary
* Helping with cleaning rooms or supporting other colleagues where necessary
* Follow cash and banking procedures
* Preparing food and drinks, taking care that every meal is served to brand standards
* Maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen area
* Carry out stock rotation procedures
* Promote the food and drinks offering to customers from our bar-café menu and up sell products for each order
* Pre-empt problems before they arise and resolve promptly when they do
What we’ll expect from you
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate a genuine passion for customer service and enjoy working as part of a team. You will need a good understanding of the English language and be able to understand and communicate clearly with your colleagues and customers.
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every team member are:
I care about people
* I treat everyone in a way you would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. Every day is different here and you definitely see life! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
You will earn £7.50 per hour (for day workers, 15% more for night workers) and you can also expect to enjoy room and food discounts and friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and development
You can expect full training in your role and you don’t need previous experience to join us. We have transparent career paths at Travelodge and you get to choose how far and how fast you want to go. Our Aspire Programme recognises everyone is different. If you want to develop towards managing your own hotel, Aspire Traveller is a structured training and development programme.