about 1 month ago
We are currently looking for a Junior Sous Chef - Employee Restaurant to join our Culinary team to oversee our Associate Restaurant at Rosewood London. The Junior Sous Chef reports directly to the Executive Chef and is responsible for overseeing a small team of associates. Our Employee Restaurant Midtown Social is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Key expectations of this role
• Managing food and payroll cost without impacting on the brand, or quality standards.
• Consistently maintains established standards across the department through leading by example and quality control.
• Monitoring and maintaining methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared and delivered in prescribed manner.
• Maximising the effectiveness of associates by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching and mentoring.
• Having a thorough knowledge of menu engineering and cooking methods.
• The ability to support and develop others effectively.
• Having a real passion for guest service and taking ownership of the guest experience.
• The ability to build strong relationships with the Midtown Social team and associates at the hotel.
• Having an engaging presence.
All our associates have the opportunity to live by our culture by being engaging, refined and intuitive in everything they do. Our principles allow a high degree of creativity and empowerment to foster a culture of Relationship Hospitality.
• 28 days paid holidays per annum including Bank Holidays
• Company pension scheme and life assurance
• 12 complimentary room nights and F&B discount worldwide
• Career development opportunities
• Free meals on duty
• Season ticket loan
• Involvement in Corporate Social Responsibility programmes and wellbeing activities
Rosewood is housed in an Edwardian Belle Époque building that offers some of London's finest accommodations and service with the feel of a stylish London residence. It forms part of the ultra-luxury collection Rosewood Hotels and Resorts® which comprises of over 20 properties and over 15 future hotel openings.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.