about 1 month ago
We are looking forward to re-opening the Inn in line with Government guidelines on 17th May 2021.
We are now searching for dedicated and passionate individuals to join our enthusiastic and talented team at The Wild Boar to help create enjoyable and memorable Lake District experiences for our guests.
Responsibilities for Junior Sous Chef
* Produce and present high quality food
* Inspire, motivate and assist in managing a kitchen section
* Compile creative and seasonal menus together with Head and Sous Chef
* Provide well balanced menu for staff meals
* Manage and maintain all appropriate department systems and procedures together with Head and Sous Chef
* Assist with training and development of kitchen team, including chef apprentices together with Head Chef and Sous Chef
Requirements for Junior Sous Chef
* A warm, friendly and enthusiastic personality
* A aim to exceed expectations of guests and colleagues
* Previous experience of working at this level within a similar environment.
* An eye to seek improvements on standards and service in all food outlet areas
* An innovative and inspiring approach with a keen eye for detail
* A flair for food and an knowledge of basic kitchen practices
* Flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours (to include weekends, split shifts and evenings)
* Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and I.D. will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.