about 1 month ago
De Vere Tortworth Court
Following a multi-million pound refurbishment, De Vere Tortworth Court certainly looks its best and it really is a brilliant time to join our team. We can offer a fantastic range of opportunities and development in our departments including the restaurant and bars teams, housekeeping, conference and events, wedding, kitchen, leisure, front of house and maintenance to name just a few.
Working at Tortworth Court means you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in some brilliant events like summer tepee festivals, wedding fairs, specialist fireworks displays, charity events and corporate launch parties. And because we know our team is special, we like to surprise and delight colleagues with birthday and long service celebrations, doughnut days, pizza days, and fun colleague activities such as games, tea parties and treat days.
Junior Sous Chef
Love food. Love your job.
Passion, drive, enthusiasm: that’s what we look for in our chefs.
Chef, for starters we offer all Junior Sous Chefs phenomenal £1000 Welcome Bonus*
We expect our Junior Sous Chefs to be those who aspire to be our future Head Chefs and will therefore play a key role in the success of the brigade; that’s why we will offer a phenomenal £1000 Welcome Bonus* for joining De Vere. Would you need to relocate? Fear not, we offer chefs who do need to relocate more than 50 miles a fantastic Relocation Package of £1500** plus a free two night stay for yourself or family to visit.
We’re serious about the future of our business: that’s why we’ve invested over £100m across our De Vere hotels and venues up and down the country.
A Chef career with De Vere, whether you are a Commis Chef, Chef de Partie or a Sous Chef, means variety, industry leading professional development, fun at work and career prestige, because you’ll be working for one of the brightest brands in hospitality.
This role is challenging, but exceptionally rewarding, so you will be hard-working, focused, inspiring and encouraging.
As a Junior Sous Chef you will:
• Be highly motivated, positive and talented
• Assist the Exec / Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus.
• Assist the Exec / Head Chef in food purchases while controlling costs
• Prepare, cook and present dishes within your speciality.
• Support, mentor and train any talented junior chefs in the brigade
• Ensure you and your team have highest of standards of cleanliness, food hygiene and health and safety.
• Have the opportunity to develop your career with De Vere
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where you’ll continually learn and develop, and have the opportunity to join our Chef Development Programmes – the Ace Chef Academy.
We know you love food: we want you to love your career just as much. We’ve already had outstanding success with our bespoke in-house Chef Academy, and additionally we now offer apprenticeships at Level 2, 3 & 4 for Commis Chefs, Chef De Parties, Sous Chefs, up to Head and Exec Chef Level.
We want to hear from inspired chefs who love creating amazing food from the best ingredients, have a keen eye for detail and high standards but with bags of flair and creativity.
*Subject to Tax and NI
**Cannot be taken in conjunction with Welcome Bonus. Subject to Tax and NI.
* £25,000 per annum
* Live in accommodation available
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.