3 months ago
(Junior) Sous Chef
The Landmark London is recruiting for a Junior Sous Chef.
Are you passionate about world class cuisine and you would like to start or continue your career in one of the Leading Hotels of the World?
To thank you for your hard work and loyalty, some of the excellent benefits you will enjoy are:
Competitive salary + service charge
• 28 days paid holiday, including bank holidays (Increased holiday entitlement with length of service)
• Uniform and free dry cleaning for uniforms
• Free meals whilst on duty
• Health checks and life assurance cover - death in service scheme
• Long service awards
• 50% discount in our outlets (including sister properties)
• Discounted Accommodation as well as Spa Treatments for team members and their friends & family (including sister properties)
• Recommend a Friend scheme
• Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
• Discretionary Hotel Sick Pay after 6 months of service
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Annual Staff Party / GEM Recognition Scheme
• Landmark Development Academy & Sponsorship towards college course fees - conditions apply
• The Landmark Choir
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a passionate, creative and loyal Sous Chef to join our Kitchen Department. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented and welcoming team on a permanent basis, and help them on their journey in delivering an informal dining experience within a 5 Red Star Hotel environment for our guests.
At The Landmark London, our purpose is to enrich the journeys of our people and our guests and as a Sous Chef you will lead a team of twelve and will be expected to:
• Have previous high-end Brasserie experience and preferably a Banqueting background.
• Produce accurate recipes and photo specifications for new dishes implemented on menus.
• Provide a quick and efficient service at all times and be flexible as and when required.
• Maintain good working relations with your team and all other members of staff in the kitchen.
• Take ownership for kitchen cleanliness at all times.
• Take care of your uniform, your personal appearance and hygiene in accordance with hotel policy and procedure.
• Take ownership for correct portion control and that wastage is kept to a minimum and to ensure that correct stock rotation is evident within the kitchen.
• Pro-actively monitor, food purchases, food wastage, stock rotation and levels on a daily basis to ensure the monthly food cost budget is achieved.
• Take ownership for fresh food and dry store orders on a daily basis. All orders are to be submitted after checking current stock levels and are to be in line with business needs.
• In the absence of Senior / Executive Sous Chef / Executive Chef, conduct and co-ordinate the daily order of fresh food produce for the entire kitchen in line with business needs.
• Take ownership for presenting new ideas for menus, presentations and working practices to Senior / Executive Sous Chef / Executive Chef.
As a Sous Chef, you will be required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, on a shift rota.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate for this position as Sous Chef (informal dining) will demonstrate the following company values:
• Respect – I will treat others as I would like to be treated
• Integrity – I will deliver what I promise to deliver
• Continuous Improvement – I will actively seek out opportunities for improvement and take action
• Fun – I will bring positive energy to support a happy environment
• Team Work – I will effectively cooperate with team members in order to achieve shared goals together.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Landmark London is a proud member of the Leading Hotels of the World and has recently been recognised as one of the Sunday Times top 10 Best Companies to work for in the UK in 2019.
The Landmark London is a three-time winner of ‘Visit London's Best Hotel in London’ award and currently has been awarded with Platinum status in the ‘Investors in People’ accreditation.
We drive our business from the front line, with strong values and vision to support this. We empower our front line team to make decisions and value their input in the operations, with the guidance of Management and Executive teams.
Minimum 2 years of experience
Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London NW1 6JQ, UK
Able to Multi-Task
Great attention for detail
By applying you confirm you have these skills.