about 1 year ago
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Restaurant Sous Chef to join our award winning kitchen brigade at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. The role involves leading our fine dining team in One Square, managing a team of 12.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our award winning One Square Restaurant and bar.
A Sous Chef is required to work in our diverse kitchen that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner under the guidance of our Executive Chef. Our banqueting facilities are the largest in the city within a hotel and our Edinburgh suite holds up to 500 guests seating. The restaurant serves British style food prepared combining contemporary flavours with traditional techniques whilst using only ingredients of the finest quality. As Sous Chef you will be required to lead the main kitchen team in the kitchen, ensuring it is fully prepared for service times whilst also controlling the other chefs working on it.
We are looking for someone who is ready to take the next step on your career path. Ideally you will have at least 6 years’ experience within a high-end 1 or 2 rosette kitchen environment.
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
• Have experience in working in a multi outlet kitchen operation.
• Assess quality control and adhere to service standards.
• Lead and support the junior members of the team
• Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
• Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards.
• Support the control of food cost.
• Carry out close liaison with all section of the kitchen in order to ensure smooth and efficient service.
• Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
• Menu planning and direction.
• Manage the kitchen team, through department rota’s, training and communication meetings.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
In return we offer you a competitive salary unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty, dental and optical plans, discounted hotels and F & B), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.