6 months ago
Travelodge’s mission is to be the UK’s favourite hotel for value.
With more than a million visits every week to our website and more than eighteen million customers a year, the use of technology is critical to both our customer offer and our low-cost operations.
The mission within IT is to ensure innovative technology drives the business forward, through the development of the company’s customer-facing and internal technology systems.
The job in a nutshell
Are you passionate about the value that high performing, resilient IT infrastructure services can bring to a business? Do you have extensive experience in leading large scale infrastructure transformation as well as best practice operations and support? Do you want to work for a business that takes very seriously the role of providing stable, secure and innovative infrastructure services? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Reporting into our IT Operations Director, as IT Infrastructure & EUC Services Manager in our IT Operations team, you'll be responsible for the delivery of an end to end enterprise IT infrastructure strategy and vision.
The primary purpose of your role will be to own the planning, design, implementation, operation and support of the Travelodge technology infrastructure to meet or exceed agreed availability and performance targets within approved capital and operational expenditure budgets.
Leading a team of infrastructure professionals and third parties across architecture, engineering, delivery and support, you will have accountability for all infrastructure services including network and telephony, hosting and server infrastructure (on-premise and cloud), infrastructure applications and end user computing.
What you’ll be doing
* Defining and owning a holistic Travelodge infrastructure strategy which is aligned with the wider IT and business strategies.
* Managing internal and third party resources as required to plan, design, build and run the enterprise IT infrastructure.
* Owning and validating the architectural roadmap for infrastructure services, ensuring all solutions provide the required level of availability, performance and security.
* Overseeing the delivery of the infrastructure initiatives plan, ensuring all infrastructure projects are delivered within the parameters of time, cost, scope, risk, quality and .
* Ensuring all infrastructure services are managed and supported according to industry/vendor best practice, following defined processes and procedures and to meet agreed availability and performance KPIs.
* Ensuring all customer infrastructure support tickets are resolved/fulfilled in line with SLA and customer satisfaction targets, following agreed ITSM processes.
* Ensuring (in conjunction with Information Security) that all infrastructure components are managed to the appropriate level of risk with respect to security patches, software/firmware revision levels and supplier supported versions.
* Proactively seeking service improvements in the areas of reliability, performance, availability, security, supportability or cost.
* Overseeing the effective transition of new or updated infrastructure services ensuring operational readiness criteria are identified and achieved.
* Ensuring effective DR/BCP plans exist to deliver the required RPOs and RTOs for all infrastructure services, including regular testing.
* Working closely with other IT Operations and IT Delivery teams to ensure there is a coordinated approach to infrastructure delivery and operations.
* Recruiting, leading, motivating, developing and managing the performance of direct reports and influencing others in the group to develop a high calibre team with the skills and capabilities needed to deliver the required results.
* Managing all third party supplier contracts for infrastructure services, ensuring agreements are in place and aligned to business requirements.
* Owning and managing the OPEX and CAPEX budgets for infrastructure services, seeking opportunities to optimise operational costs where possible.
* Providing periodic reporting and management information on infrastructure delivery initiatives, operational KPIs and budget management.
What we’ll expect from you
To succeed in this role, you will be a highly motivated self-starter, who is well organised and a strong leader with an excellent understanding of IT infrastructure and experience of both insourced and outsourced delivery/run models.
The ideal candidate will be a highly experienced senior manager having held roles with direct responsibility for everything from strategy to operations/support across all aspects of IT infrastructure.
The following attributes and experience are essential for this role:
* Extensive experience as a senior IT infrastructure manager in customer centric, multi-site businesses with a strong reliance on high performing infrastructure.
* Significant experience of leading enterprise scale infrastructure transformation, including planning, designing and building solutions that are aligned to strategic objectives.
* Previous experience working in mixed on-premise/cloud environments particularly within the Azure/AWS eco systems.
* Extensive experience of managing network and telephony (WAN, LAN, Wifi, Voice), hosting and server infrastructure, infrastructure applications (file, print, UC, MDM) and EUC (desktops/laptops, mobile/tablets, peripherals).
* An excellent understanding of enterprise best practice infrastructure management, including use of automation/orchestration, telemetry, monitoring and logging.
* Working knowledge of current and future information security threats and the best way to prevent them.
* Strong and effective leadership skills, keeping a team motivated and organised whilst balancing multiple delivery priorities with operational management and support.
* High levels of energy, drive and resilience, with the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills with an inherent ability to effectively communicate with and influence others up to a senior level.
* Drive and determination to continuously improve stability, security and customer satisfaction.
* Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation certified and significant experience in ITIL aligned environments.
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
I care about people
* I treat everyone in a way I would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.