9 months ago
For 22 of our 25 years, Soho House has been a traditional hospitality company, with tech as the last thing on the agenda and a number of partnerships with external agencies. However as we try to scale our offering, that outlook has reversed and we are creating a long-term digital strategy with huge investment from the founder and investors.
This means building a team with a tech-first culture, rebuilding our backend services from the ground up on cutting edge tech, removing external partnerships and working on an internal cultural shift from traditional enterprise to agile and product-driven.
Day to day, we work on the usual challenges of building software, but also spend our time helping educate our peers and transform our culture. In three years we have built a team of around 20 developers, BAs and PMs who work in small scrum teams, with a focus on delivery and education.
Day to day, you might find yourself:
* building and deploying features for our newest digital products—we ship quickly and often when we can
* work with our Toronto based agency helping them deliver world class products
* helping build tooling and improving our ecosystem
* spending time discussing ideas and implementation, and planning sprints
* helping improve internal process and how we work with the business
* maintaining, contributing to and creating open source software and visiting talks and conferences
* Using your substantial discount at our restaurants for lunch (and often also Nandos with the team)
Ideally you will have a proven track record working on a flagship mobile product within a lean agile environment, comfortable working on the latest tech stacks, with a strong focus on quality and delivery.
* A demonstrable track record building mission-critical mobile applications
* Experience with Swift
* Experience with and appreciation for well tested code
* A love for writing clean, efficient, readable code
* Experience working in cross-functional delivery teams
* Full command of Git and ideally GitHub
* Excellent communication skills and self-initiative
Bonus (but not required)
* Experience working with in a mixed team with an agency
* Experience working with a remote team
* Experience with Carthage
* Monitoring and optimisation
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
* The chance to shape the culture and tech of an incredible company with a diverse and engaged user-base
* A market salary. No need to take a massive pay cut when joining us
* Central London office with flexibility
* Rest is important so we provide a decent number of holidays
* Global membership to our clubs with a diverse range of benefits including discount on hotel rooms and at restaurants, cinemas, as well as £600/year to spend at Topshop/Topman (yep—you heard correctly)