19 days ago
In a Nutshell
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at South Lodge for a full time, fixed term People and Development Co-ordinator to join the team. The Co-ordinator will assist the People and Development Manager in the day to day running of the department, maintaining positive working relationships and providing a constantly high standard of administrative support to enable the smooth running of the function.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The People and Development Co-ordinator will be the first port of call for our team members with questions or who require support. The core of the role is detailed below;
* Preparing offer and on boarding paperwork.
* Maintaining accurate employee files.
* Obtain references for new starters.
* Respond to reference requests.
* Manage staff accommodation residents and process.
* Book meeting rooms and appointments.
* Process starters and leavers in payroll system (Snowdrop).
* Ensure up to date and interesting notice boards and internal communication.
* To assist in phone screening of potential candidates.
* To raise authority to recruit requests.
* To ensure a clean and detailed recruitment database.
Training & Development:
* To run compliance reports for online training weekly, to follow up where needed.
* To send log in information to new team members.
* Book employees on relevant courses when needed.
* Track employee recognition scheme ensuring an adequate stock of prizes at all times.
* Produce invites for employee celebrations, collate responses.
* To be an active part of our staff committee.
* To be a role model for Company values and standards.
* To act as note taker during disciplinary and grievance meetings.
* Manage Staff Accommodation arrivals, from room allocation to welcome packs.
* Ensure accurate and up to date departmental systems.
* Allocate team members to systems and re set passwords when needed.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
The successful candidate will have a passion for people, and a helping and supportive nature. You will be highly motivated and a self starter who can take instruction but also have the ability to work with autonomy and ownership.
You will be a skilled administrator with a high proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Attention to detail and accuracy must be of the highest standard. Organisation skills are essential, as is the ability to multi task and manage conflicting priorities.
You must demonstrate at all times exemplary levels of professionalism and confidentiality.
Previous experience in a similar role within the Hospitality industry is desirable, as is CIPD qualification to Level 3. Package Description
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
* Competitive salary
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
* Complimentary car parking
* Perkz discount scheme
* Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
* Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.