2 months ago
Do you want to join a Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality?
Do you want to work in an industry that offers SO many different career paths?
Do you want to express yourself?
Do you want flexibility?
Do you want to feel safe at work?
Do you want to be part of a company that takes sustainability and the environment seriously?
Do you want to work for a company that truly values diversity and inclusion? You answered YES to all these questions, right? So, get applying for this opportunity!!
At The Duke of Cornwall, we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The position of Housekeeping Team Member has become available at The Duke of Cornwall. Reporting into the Housekeeping Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring our guest bedrooms are cleaned to the very high standards our guests expect. With every room that little bit different our guests will always remember the nights spent at The Duke. The successful applicant for this role will deliver excellent customer service, have a positive ‘can do' attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care. In these Covid times our guests will be extra mindful of standards and cleaning, our housekeeping team really make a difference.
Where Will You Be Working?
Dating back to 1863, the Duke stands as an iconic piece of Plymouth’s history and has some fascinating stories to tell. Created as the city’s first luxury hotel, the building was designed to project Victorian grandeur and splendour. With so much of what surrounded it destroyed in the war, the Duke’s survival leaves its architectural merit even more apparent. Stepping into the hotel’s grand entrance, you also step back in time. Considerate restorations mean the Duke’s original grace and character can continue to be enjoyed today.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone who can communicate well with others, can carry out instructions, is able to pay close attention to detail and will commit to providing outstanding service to our guests. Experience of/with (insert desirable experience) is preferable but full training is provided.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing, and our communities.
* Our people are truly engaged at work.
* There's open, clear communication from the top.
* We've got great career development opportunities.
* There is a culture of transformation and innovation.
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will have access to a benefits package that includes.
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you popular!
* Incentive programmes– to keep you motivated
* Money off high street retailers– hundreds of saving’s to be had
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Free meals on duty? (this could easily equate to over £1000 per year saving to you *based on full time hours)
* Pension – as it’s important to save for a later date
* Flexible pay with Wage stream – a financial wellbeing benefit that allows you to access your pay as you earn it
* Training programmes – we want you to be the best you can be
* Tips – a bit extra is always handy
* Cycle to Work Scheme– huge savings on buying a new bike
* Refer a Friend Scheme – just by putting a good word in for a mate will earn you extra cash
The Bigger Picture
The Duke of Cornwall is managed by RBH; an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott, and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So, if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!