12 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza Accommodation Services
Department: Accommodation Services
Type of employment: Full-time
Date posted: 06/08/2019
Closing date: 02/02/2020
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your career with us. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
As a Team Leader you will report to and confer closely with the Executive Head Housekeeper and take every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Key tasks & responsibilities
Key tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Inspire our guests through individuality and passion
* To be fully conversant with all procedures set out by the Executive Head Housekeeper to ensure the smooth, consistent running of the department in their absence
* Prepares schedules as requested, and in accordance with forecasted occupancy
* Supervises the daily activities of the agency housekeeping staff
* Conducts daily and random inspections of the guest rooms, and other housekeeping areas as requested by Executive Head Housekeeper
* Supervises all rotational and special cleaning programs
* Checks equipment and stocks VIP rooms according to instruction
* Knows all housekeeping procedures to be a resource when needed
* Confers closely with the Executive Head Housekeeper and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the position in order to fill in where needed
* Is aware of all financial costs; takes action to control labor, amenities and supply costs
* Responsible for maintaining and consistently building on positive employee engagement
We are looking for
* Previous experience of working within Housekeeping at a Team Leader or Supervisory level within a 4* property would be advantageous.
* Previous experience and understanding of working alongside an outsourced cleaning company would be advantageous however is not essential
* Working knowledge of computer software systems, including Microsoft packages
* A passionate individual who is dedicated to delighting our guests
* Previous experience of working with Opera PMS system would be desirable, however is not essential
* Proven coaching experience
* Exceptional organizational skills are essential as well as having the ability to priories tasks
* Must be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
* Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
* Exceptional eye for detail
As one of the world’s fastest-growing hotel brands, Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts boasts a choice of contemporary upscale hotels in key city centre locations and resort destinations around the world. We believe that what truly sets us apart is the quality of our smart, engaging service – our talented and motivated team members bring the Park Plaza brand alive by going out of their way to make our guests feel valued and appreciated.
One of the world’s fastest-growing hotel brands, Park Plaza is part of PPHE Hotel Group Limited, which owns, leases, develops, operates and franchises full-service upscale and lifestyle hotels, predominantly in Europe.
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it. #Upliftingmoments