4 months ago
As a member of our hotel team, your job will be to ensure that rooms are cleaned to company standards so our customers have a fantastic stay. Ensuring the housekeeping team are organised and know exactly which rooms they need to clean and when is a key part of the role. You will be inspecting rooms to ensure quality standards and motivating the team to deliver spotlessly clean rooms.
What you will be doing
* Organising the housekeepers so they know how many rooms they have to clean
* Ensuring rooms are cleaned to brand standards
* Checking rooms for cleanliness
* Ensuring rooms are cleaned in a timely manner and as per company cleaning process
* Providing regular feedback on the performance of room cleaning to the team, praising when standards are excellent and coaching when improvement is required
* Advising early if additional resource is required - both people and equipment
* Making sure the team are aware of all Key performance indicators (KPIs) that relate to their area of work (clean & fresh, etc.)
* Reporting the actual hours worked to hotel management and that daily work sheets are handed in at the end of each shift
* Ensuring that public area cleaning is completed
* Making sure linen/ cleaning trolleys are set up and cleared down
* Working with the hotel management team to identify high performers who may want to progress further
* Remaining positive and upbeat to increase engagement with the team
* Supporting the Hotel/ Assistant Manager or deliver when required the daily huddle meetings
* You may be asked to clean rooms when required
* Carrying out quarterly tasks such as but not limited to descaling kettles and turning mattresses
What we’ll expect from you
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate a genuine passion for leading and coaching people with a keen eye for detail. You appreciative and able to communicate with a diverse team and be confident in giving constructive feedback to improve performance. You will be used to working in a targeted environment whilst achieving very high standards.
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every team member are:
I care about people
* I treat everyone in a way you would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. Every day is different here and you definitely see life! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
You can expect to enjoy room and food discounts and friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and development
We are passionate about developing our teams at Travelodge and have great training and development opportunities for everyone. You can expect full training in your role and there may also be opportunities to be trained in other roles which can include achieving a diploma in a relevant field such as Hospitality or Management. If you join as a team member in one of our hotels and demonstrate great potential, you may also be able to to join our management training programme.