about 1 year ago
It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La: someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform. Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
We are diverse, warm and caring but also demanding, dynamic and innovative.
As with every property in the group, Shangri-La Hotel, At The Shard, London, will operate on a simple yet powerful philosophy of Shangri-La hospitality from warm, caring people.
The uniquely Asian view of service at this luxury hotel in London embodies the core values of respect, helpfulness, courtesy, sincerity and humility. These qualities have been the cornerstone of the Shangri-La success.
We currently have a vacancy for a Housekeeping Porter to join our team.
The purpose of the Housekeeping Porter is to ensure all the linen circulation happens as per the Shangri-La standards of timing and excellence, the assigned areas are cleaned, maintained and presented according to the standards. It is the Porter’s responsibility to make sure that all linen is counted, sent received and maintained with that care that defines our Company. The same caring attention to detail must be used for all areas of the Hotel Back of House and External Areas included.
* Relevant experience in a London luxury hotel laundry or as an alternative, in a quality laundry work environment
* The ability of managing priorities, understanding the importance of the time factor to guests and colleagues
* Absolute accuracy in all aspects of the daily tasks
* An impeccable presentation and excellent communication skills
* An outstanding can-do attitude and the desire to work as a member of a structured team
* Advanced level of English (both oral and written)
* Health and Safety knowledge
* A second language
Responsibilies include but are not limited to:
* Deliver and maintain all linen and allocated areas according to the Shangri-La standards of excellence by checking allocated sections on a daily basis.
* Be active part in providing the signature Shangri-La Guest Experience delighting the guest through a courteous and engaging communication style, accuracy in following SOPs and guest requests and focus on the detail at all times.
* Maintains clean and orderly work surroundings.
Our proposition to you
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we believe that with the right attitude, anything is possible at Shangri-La and we will invest heavily in your training, offering a variety of programmes for all levels, as well as our own training school, the Shangri-La Academy.
Our aim is always to keep and reward the very best. So each year we fill most of the company’s management positions via internal promotions and transfers and with over 50 projects in development around the world, the opportunities are endless.
We also recognize our responsibility to society and to the environment, and have developed policies and practises which make a real difference.
If you wish to be considered for this role, please send us your CV together with a cover letter which must include the following:
* salary expectations
* a brief overview of the reasons why you wish to join Shangri-La Hotel At The Shard
* specific details of your current entitlement to take up employment in the UK
Please note that all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, without restrictions. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates. No agency asssitance required.
[Not translated in selected language]