9 months ago
Housekeeping Floor Manager
Apply now Job no: 507742
Employment type Full time
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
Location: London, United Kingdom
Department: Supervisory, Housekeeping
Picture this: its a Tuesday. Sunlight streams through the window. You're checking a room and looking out over Hyde Park. This is what your mornings look like when as a Housekeeping Floor Manager in our hotel.
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London's most iconic address. The spirit of the city infuses every floor. The parks green vastness rolls beyond bedroom windows. Renowned guests frequent the hotels bars and restaurants.
Its another world. A world of oriental luxury and the most attentive service. A world that's all about our guests.
Its also a world that's been reinvented and reimagined to move with the times. With a heart of London's heritage and an eye to the future, we use our own sense of history to set new standards - through kind, passionate and generous service.
We love perfectionists, and were looking for more to join us as a Floor Manager.
To do this job well, you'll be a details person: someone who walks into a room and takes a second to spot a curtain that needs straightening or a bed sheet that needs smoothing.
Beyond an eye for detail, this role calls for a thoughtful nature: our best Floor Managers are those who look for ways to please our guests, sometimes in unexpected ways. (Lets say they only eat the raspberries from a bowl of mixed fruit. Next time, well leave them a bowl of raspberries or better yet, a raspberry tart.)
In return for your perfectionism, you'll learn from our most seasoned housekeepers, and work with exceptional colleagues (think expert engineers on call), the latest technology (think iPads), and the finest products (think 300 thread count Egyptian cotton).
The Housekeeping Floor Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
* To inspect all vacant and occupied rooms to check standards of cleanliness
* To manage all special projects on designated floor
* To manage guest supplies, cleaning supplies based on pre-established budget to be presented weekly for approval to management
* To analyse data and propose improvements to drive Quality following LQA, Forbes, LRA results
* To brief Room Attendants of all information and new changes from the daily Housekeeping briefing.
We offer our Housekeeping Floor Manager world class benefits including, but not limited to:
* Team member discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
* Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
* Free laundry and complimentary meals whilst on duty
* Colleague recognition and reward programmes
* An exciting range of learning and development programmes
* Opportunities for promotion and transfers across the group
* Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
Working at Mandarin Oriental isn’t just a job; it provides an opportunity to build a career for life with the potential to travel the world within our unique organization. Our people aim high and we support them all the way by providing career advancement and Learning and Development programmes designed to enable our colleagues to be the best. We do this by developing our Colleagues and encouraging them to take on new challenges, thus allowing us to identify their potential and help them expand their careers as the groups’ expansion plans take effect over the next few years with many new hotel openings on the horizon.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Advertised: 14 Oct 2019 GMT Daylight Time