3 months ago
De Vere Selsdon Estate
Selsdon Estate is taking a new direction. Now part of the De Vere brand, a multi-million-pound refurbishment is taking place to bring the hotel back to its former glory. Just 13 miles outside of London and on a great commuter line, Selsdon Estate is set in 205 acres of outstanding park land, including an 18-hole championship golf course. The bedrooms, event space and reception have been completely overhauled, and now have a fabulous Restaurant & Bar "1042".
We have a high calibre team at Selsdon Estate: enthusiastic and positive, ready to reposition this stunning property to once again become the best hotel in the area.
Hotel Wedding & Special Events Co-ordinator
What is the main purpose of the role?
In this key role for our business, your responsibility will be to effectively handle and convert wedding and social enquiries from initial stages through to final details, followed by the accurate communication of client requirements to the Operational team prior to the event itself.
You will ensure customers’ expectations are met and exceeded, in turn supporting the achievement of the property’s budget and targets.
A key part of this role is to conduct show rounds for Weddings and Special Events, ensuring that correct information is given to the appropriate enquiry. You will also assist with organisation of Wedding Showcases to highlight the property to the local wedding and banqueting market.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, experience of working in a similar role previously, ideally within a 4* quality hotel/events centre, is essential.
We are looking for a customer focussed individual with the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive, can do attitude. You will need excellent organisation and time management skills with an eye for detail and the ability to use your own initiative.
Communication skills are key, allowing you to build strong and effective working relationships across the business and to create a rapport with guests.
You will be IT literate and it would be advantageous for you to have some knowledge of Opera.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.