about 1 month ago
Hotel Receptionist - Kettner's Townhouse - Target earnings up to £10p/h
Full Time. Highly Competitive Salary.
A 33-bedroom townhouse and restaurant in a historic Georgian building in London’s Soho. Kettner’s Townhouse will encompass a high-quality restaurant, champagne bar and 28 new bedrooms, all of which will be fully open to the public. Kettner’s Townhouse will open in late 2017 and will look to pay homage to Kettner’s history and former grandeur.
Our venues are individual and diverse, but they are all united by the same Soho House ethos. The Houses are regarded as a home away from home for our members, creating a warm, personalised atmosphere. The hotels within Soho House are of unparalleled design, with outstanding service being the central priority. Our restaurants are consistently busy, offering friendly but professional service.
Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs, restaurants and hotels, spread across Europe, the UK and America. With lots of exciting expansion plans to open new houses and restaurants, it’s an amazing time to be joining us. For those who wish to both further their career and have fun, we offer fantastic, rewarding global prospects.
We are looking for a friendly, passionate and energetic receptionist to join our hotel team in our beautiful, boutique-style hotel at Kettner's Townhouse.
We are seeking candidates that have had previous experience in similar roles in fast-paced hospitality environments as a hotel receptionist. Previous experience with Opera or another PMS system is preferred, although full training will be provided.
Desired skills and experience:
* Passionate about the hospitality industry, people and guest relations
* Fluent level of English due to guest and member interaction
* Acquired Computer Skills in Opera or similar PMS, Word and Excel, in order to carry out daily hotel duties and responsibilities as well as to conduct the overnight reports needed
* Excellent people skills with a strong ability to communicate and listen effectively
* A candidate who is an able problem-solver, who can make decisions without supervision
* Able to work on a full time basis across five days of any week
Only those hotel receptionist eligible to work in the UK or have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for the hotel receptionist role.
Soho House & Co offers:
• One of the most competitive salaries within the hospitality industry
• Fantastic career growth and personal development opportunities, with an opportunity to travel abroad with us
• Meal on shift
• Our food and drinks network, Cookhouse & House Tonic. which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings, guest demonstrations from industry professionals, sourcing and tasting trips and our own in-house magazine
• Subsidised gym memberships, pension and great discounts across our sites