2 months ago
Dublin is a well-established 5-star luxury brand. Owned by The Doyle Collection, a family-owned collection of eight luxury and urban hotels located in superb central locations in London, Dublin, Washington DC, Cork and Bristol.
Dublin is a member of the prestigious Leading Hotels of the World, a badge that places it at the pinnacle of the luxury hospitality sector in Ireland and worldwide.
The role of Hotel Manager is critical to the success of the property, supporting the General Manager by managing the day to day operations of the hotel and to deliver the hotel's business objectives.
Assuming the responsibility of the General Manager in their absence, the successful candidate will be responsible ensuring the smooth operation and co-ordination of the hotel through the respective department heads. This person will play a lead role in the yield management of both Rooms Division and Food & Beverage, as well as upholding exacting standards. An understanding of both departments is invaluable.
This person will be an aspiring General Manager with the leadership qualities needed to inspire the team to consistently deliver outstanding guest experiences. You will have experience working at a senior management level within luxury hotel operations and possess the ability to influence and communicate at all levels. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of and passion for all things luxury and be genuinely attracted by the opportunity to work with this premium brand.
* Assume the responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence
* Oversee all aspects of guest service and ensure that Guest Satisfaction / Quality objectives are consistently exceeded
* Ensure the smooth operation and co-ordination of the hotel through the respective Department Heads
* Ensure the implementation and delivery of all Doyle Collection standards.
* Handle guest concerns and ensure effective follow-up to eliminate/reduce those concerns
* Assist in the preparation of the Annual Budget plan and monthly forecasts
* Update and ensure timely awareness of the hotel's Business Continuity, Emergency and Crisis Management Plans
* Play a key role in lead management for all operational initiatives
* Direct operational needs to ensure compliance with the hotel's Annual Budget and Business plan
Key skills, knowledge and characteristics:
* Proven track record in managing and been accountable for various hotel departments
* Clear working knowledge of budget planning process & strong business acumen
* Successful track record in cost conservation and standards improvement
* Possess ability to influence & communicate at all levels within an organisation
* Proven team-leader with outstanding motivational skills and coaching ability
* Demonstrate proactive results-driven approach
* High degree of proficiency in IT systems and administration skills
* Demonstrate taking ownership of problems and making decisions
* Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm in previous roles and personal interactions
* Possess effective time management skills and ability to stay calm under pressure in a dynamic environment
About The Doyle Collection
At the heart of our business is a warmth of service that stems from our family ownership, imbuing our properties with the familiarity of a members' club and the intimacy of a private home.
Each of our eight hotels landmark buildings in unrivalled city locations, has its own distinct personality that is rooted in, and authentic to, its neighbourhood.
Innovation and ongoing investment ensure a boutique, cosmopolitan yet local feel as seen in our cool destination restaurants, bars and event spaces while our heritage lends character to our vision of informal luxury, timeless style and the very best guest experience.
Great Places to Work
Doyle Collection has been listed by "Great Places to Work" as one of the Best Large Workplaces in both 2017 and 2018.
Due to the large amount of interest in this role, only successful candidates will be contacted
We require that all applicants have the eligibility to live and work in Ireland
The Doyle Collection is an Equal Opportunities Employer