21 days ago
Responsible for the execution of the day to day operations within Front of House, Food and Beverage and Housekeeping. Support the day to day operations of the clustered function of Security and Maintenance. To develop an effective team to optimise customer satisfaction, revenue and profit for the allocated departments. Accountable for controlling costs, determining the offering, and driving the hotel operation to deliver in accordance with the company’s brand and service standards.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES /MAIN DUTIES
▪ Responsible for the day to day operation within allocated areas
▪ Build and lead a hotel team including the sourcing and recruitment of new talent to join the hotel team
▪ Ensure the delivery of the brand standards including monitoring and reviewing of these standards to ensure that the highest level of customer satisfaction is maintained
▪ Ensure training and development of employees is carried out to achieve product and service standards
▪ To optimise sales opportunities within allocated areas of the hotel
▪ Ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction score by enabling the management team to deliver agreed brand standards and excellent guest service as measured by agreed KPIs
▪ Responsible for the delivery of the Food and Beverage Budget
▪ Deliver on initiatives as agreed with General Manager and progress should be communicated accordingly
▪ To clearly understand competitor set and ensure that product testing is completed on a quarterly basis with clear feedback given that identifies standard and product improvement.
▪ Review guest satisfaction feedback and take appropriate follow up actions to ensure high levels of guest service
▪ Ensure cost control measures are in place including staffing levels are met and we have the right people in the right roles at the right time
▪ To ensure direct reports are kept up to date of targets, objectives, and key performance requirements and that they work collaboratively as part of the overall team within the property to deliver their agreed individual targets
▪ Maintain internal and external compliance throughout the hotel including but not limited to legal, health and safety, finance, purchasing and employment practises
▪ Take responsibility for the hotel in the absence of the General Manager
▪ Ensure that Duty Management shifts are covered by competent team members and to be fully conversant of the requirements needed in this role.
▪ Liaise accordingly with the Housekeeping supplier to ensure that SLA’s are managed.
· Responsible for team performance, including when applicable, the application of the Company’s disciplinary rules and procedures; including performance counselling, grievance and appeal procedures.
What we look for
Hotel manager or equivalent role experience
Management experience in both Food&Beverage and Front of House
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
· Ability to Lead and Motivate
· Knowledge of Hotel Operations
· Capacity to Problem Solve
· Business acumen – able to see the bigger picture
· Good numerical skills
· Works well under pressure and the ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation and builds credible working relationships
What's in it for you?
* Great development opportunities
* Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
* Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
* Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
* Pension and Healthcare Schemes
* Generous recommend a friend scheme
* Apprenticeship (from Level 2 to Level 5)
* Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
* Great Recognition program
* ...and many more!